Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Kdl W755 software an fw crash, error 2123

SOLVED
tmarko
Explorer

Sony Kdl W755 software an fw crash, error 2123

Hi to all, im having problems updating my w755. When i want to update android software im always stuck on 88% and having error 2123 (An error occurred during the software update, . The update server in temporarily unavailable. Please try again later Error: 2123). Ive tried several time, over cable, wifi, nothing. Always stuck on 88%. Same thing with fw, ive downloaded fw from sony site, connect usb to tv, the fw starts to copying and again on 88% tv restarts. So if anybody nows how to resolve this, please help! Thanks!

225 REPLIES 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@leet.Smithy

As your issue only started after a fw update, can you do a factory reset, as this can fix many issues.

1. Press the HOME button, then select [Settings].

2. Select [System Settings] → [General Set-up] → [Factory Settings] → [Yes] → [Yes].

After completing this process, the initial set-up screen is displayed.

Cheers

Philcx31
Explorer

Hi,

I have the same problem with a KD-49X8005C. Error 2123 when trying to download fw update, same issue for WiFi and LAN. Stops at 53%. Sunday it stopped at 60%. Lack of memory ?

I also tried with the update on several USB sticks. Stops at the same percentage.

Tried reset and factory reset, but same issue.

Do you have a solution for my model ?

Best regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Philcx31

Ive sent you a PM with some instructions.  Let me know how you get on

Cheers

leet.Smithy

@Anonymous

Factory reset didn't help =(

Anonymous
Not applicable

@leet.Smithy

Are you streaming via Wifi?  If so, can you test using an ethernet cable instead?  This is to try and rule out (or confirm) wireless issues.

Cheers

Philcx31
Explorer

Hi,

This morning, the TV set was on and proposed a system update. I guessed it was loaded. When I agreed, the TV restarted with android initialisation, but no new sw was installed. My wife told me it also happen at noon. It also just happened, but no sw update. WiFi was active.

I just performed a factory reset (Settings / Storage and reset), and after init I made a direct cable connection between TV and internet box.

When I launched a system update, the error 2123 appeared immediately.

When I insert an USB stick with the update, The copy screen appears and immediately disappear. It seams that the 53% limit is now 0% !!!

Philcx31
Explorer

New state :

After unplugging the TV set, a android update started but has been looping during ~45 minutes.

After that, still the old sw version.

Tried update (wired) but again an immediate error 2123.

When finished, power off, unplugging, on => new loop on "Android is upgrading..."

Lost too much time with this TV !

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Philcx31 - did you use that file i sent you in a private message??  As this should fix the issue.

Cheers

Philcx31
Explorer

Hi,

Sorry, but I did not receive a PM.

I made another factory this morning reset but the "Android is upgrading..." was still there and looping.

As I bought this TV last Saturday, I could still bring it back to the reseller and I did it today. End of the story for me for this TV.

Best regards, and thanks for your time.

hikaru_shindou
Explorer

Quinnicus, I sent you a private message, I have the same problem.