Join now - be part of our community!

Screen burns OLED

profile.country.GB.title
tonyboy60
Explorer

Screen burns OLED

Hello, I brought a KD55AF8 tv, it has what looks like screen burn. Contacted Sony as I had a 5 year Guarantee, after keeping me waiting 5 weeks they tell me there’s nothing they can do! I spent over £2400 on this tv and ,done nothing but watch TV on it and it’s ruined. Can anybody help me with any advice please? I certainly would never buy Sony again the after sale service is disgusting!F84D8873-7A63-4D0B-90B2-B6E42A1FE685.pngB68B52F6-4E34-4765-8E0B-D2F0172B4D99.jpeg57834D8B-F463-420B-8C92-D763D06D3FC3.jpeg

36 REPLIES 36
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

You would go through your retailer, your contract is with them, not Sony.

They will be the ones responsible, for a repair or replacement.

profile.country.GB.title
tonyboy60
Explorer

It’s been over a year so no guarantee. It’s 2 years now? Had a free Sony 5 year Guarantee

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

So the kind you get when you buy the TV, you get a certificate in the mail?

A free 5 year warranty, should have instructions in the paperwork on how to claim, and it probably means going through the retailer.

profile.country.GB.title
tonyboy60
Explorer

Sony have accepted my 5 year warranty. But they don’t want to know, I need a new panel and I would have to pay . They can’t help me anymore . 

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

What does the paperwork say?

What are the instructions for claiming on it?

I would be surprised if it didn't say to go through the retailer, bacause if you got the warranty at the time of purchase, and it was one of the Sony promotions, it's the retailer, not Sony you contact.

profile.country.GB.title
tonyboy60
Explorer

The retailer have confirmed its there warranty and will honour it. But the said Sony do there own repairs ,and will be sent to Sony?

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Yeh, true, and I doubt it'll be a repair, more than likely a new set you;ll get.

But for the future, you always contact the retailer.

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

Have you tried to do a panel refresh?

profile.country.GB.title
tonyboy60
Explorer

Sony have told me to do one, they are going todo nothing for me. The said it’s down to miss-use 🤷🏻‍♂️So basically I brought the Tv 18 month’s ago, done nothing but watched TV on it and it’s now ruined ! I can’t even sign in on the Sony website ?

Sent from my iPad