Join now - be part of our community!

Can't access NAS media server

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
peterfranklin

Can't access NAS media server

For several years I've accessed a Synology NAS media player connected to my BT hub to play content on two Sony TVs: KDL32W705B; KD55AF8.

I've just got full fibre & new BT Smart Hub 2 installed, and the TVs can no longer see the NAS on the home network. I can access the NAS from my computers with no problems, and both TVs can access internet content.

The NAS is not found when running the server diagnostics on both TVs.

Do I need to reconfigure any settings on the TVs - if so, what and how?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
peterfranklin

Fixed it!

Found that the media server app in the NAS needed repairing, which I did, and it worked.

Change of hub was just a coincidence.

Thanks for the replies.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@peterfranklin 

As the only thing that has changed is the broadband and the hub, you might want to ask BT if they know why this has happened.

BT are not above being at fault when configuring new lines, which is essentially what you have.

I’m thinking this might be a multicast thing, where the router hasn’t got the multicast capabilities of the NAS and the TVs correct.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
peterfranklin

That was my initial thought. I contacted BT but all they could say was that the hub is working OK and they don't support 3rd party kit.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@peterfranklin 

Unhelpful, but perhaps understandable. I guess Synology is your next port of call then.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
peterfranklin

Fixed it!

Found that the media server app in the NAS needed repairing, which I did, and it worked.

Change of hub was just a coincidence.

Thanks for the replies.