Join now - be part of our community!

headphone jack not working

SOLVED
HaiderAli97
Visitor

headphone jack not working

I recently bought a new Xperia Z1...
Had great time using it but suddenly on one unfortunate day, I found out that the phone no more recognizes any headphone.
I tried to clean the headphone jack.. AND it worked but after 3 minutes, phone wasn't able to recognize headphones not even SONY and beats.
Is it a software issue or something?!
Please help
61 REPLIES 61
Venkoba
Visitor

"SoundAbout" helped solving my issue which was outstanding for last 3months Slightly_smiling_Face

judahnation7
Visitor

My Xperia Z1s headphone jack stopped working. Only thing that worked out of all the advice on this forum was installing SoundAbout by David Woods from the Google Play store. I now can set it to play my music media through my headphones by setting it to Wired Headphones thru the app. I tried the Wired Headphones w/Mic setting and made a phone call. Call came through but I could hear a lot of interference, enough to NOT be able to use my headphones for phone calls. Big negative for me, but so happy my headphone jack is working again to hear my music.
JonMac4463
Visitor

Thanks Kulveer. That's worked for me! After three mind numbing weeks when 3 different headsets kept cutting out. I hate this phone, appls anf OS
Georgiefrank
Visitor

How many times have you dropped the device?
skiper
New

to me, I feel the same, but in reverse ....
z speaker does not sound ... all while connected headphones is believed .....
and there is no headset connected ..

profile.country.GB.title
ezy2ezy
Contributor

just for those who find the thread with the same "headline problem"

i found mine stopped working and tried a load of things, then noticed the socket looked a little dark...

when in pockets the phone picks up fluff...  and when you then show off the water proof features the microfluff and the water mix in the socket to form a coating that stops the jack connecting!    

the solution there was a tiny screwdriver and careful fishing out of the lint !!

kaurbaljit94
Visitor

thanks a lot it really works on my xperia . wow i sort out the headphone problem

Slightly_smiling_Face

Syed01
Visitor

Hello, my problem is the same...headphone jack failure, will I get a replacement for this?
Cherrysingh
Visitor

Thanks Mr kulveer singh it did work.thanks mate
iceman251980
Visitor

Thanks my new headset was not supported sony support was no good and this app solved it.