Join now - be part of our community!

headphone jack not working

SOLVED
HaiderAli97
Visitor

headphone jack not working

I recently bought a new Xperia Z1...
Had great time using it but suddenly on one unfortunate day, I found out that the phone no more recognizes any headphone.
I tried to clean the headphone jack.. AND it worked but after 3 minutes, phone wasn't able to recognize headphones not even SONY and beats.
Is it a software issue or something?!
Please help
61 REPLIES 61
Thorn_Trix
Visitor

No... It didn't worked either
Kulveer_Singh
Contributor

Restart your mobile(if possible repair mobile with pc companion) and Try headphone without mic, if it Will not recognize then it's hardware problem, so you have to contact Sony service center.
Thorn_Trix
Visitor

But there isn't any official sony Centre in my region
Thorn_Trix
Visitor

how much will it cost ....to repair a headphone jack of a xperia z1?

as it seems to be NOT recognizing any kind/type of heaphones any more.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Sorry to hear that but you have to contact your local Xperia Care regarding pricing

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

dandy63
Leader

@Thorn_Trix wrote:

how much will it cost ....to repair a headphone jack of a xperia z1?

as it seems to be NOT recognizing any kind/type of heaphones any more.

Do a SEARCH on the Forum for similar problems as i know there are a few posts on the subject......could be quite a few different reasons & solutions you can try first to resolve this.....so have a good look & try a few :smileysmileywink:

oharvey79
Visitor

soundabout solution workjed for me thanks !had to use the wideget toggle on/off 

96hunt42
Visitor

Thanks a lot from 1yr i was not using earphones.. I thot that the jack must hv got damaged.. Smart connect worked for me thnku guys Winking_Face
zxperia
Visitor

Soundabout works great.

Yesterday I upgraded to android 5. Still having the headphone jack issue though.

And now I'm having other new problems like priority status auto turning on (the star 🌟 in the status bar) even though I've never had any set.

It also slowed down my phone considerably. Sometimes my z1 hangs for 5 seconds or more.

Can you uninstall android 5?
Elliot169
Visitor

Worked a treat. Cheers pal!