Join now - be part of our community!

WINFAX and Outlook Problem

Diego
Visitor

WINFAX and Outlook Problem

Hello everyone,

I hope you can help me with this. On my old Computer running XP Professional I have running WINFAX 10.02 ( XP ) and it overtakes all my accounts of Outlook.

Now I installed Outlook on my new one, the Vaio RZ 314, copied all accounts from the old to the new and installed WINFAX. When starting WINFAX the first time it asks if I want to use the Outlook acoounts and I say off course yes, then it asks for private or commercial accounts and i also give the answer on this and then........

I get the message of an initialisation error due to the MAPI control. Now what is this?

Any help will be apreciated very much.

Since I am leaving the house right now, I wiil only have the chance to come back on monday, so I hope that there will be many answers on my problem.

Thank you in advance.
Diego

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Diego
Visitor

Thank you for that information. unfortunatly the side is down.
Greetings Diego

robpaxton
Explorer

Just checked - it's seems OK now. If you want me to PM you with the main text then let me know. I don't want to post it here because it's quite long and may be subject to copyright.

kee-lo_

When I open that link, for some reason it wants to print, but I don't have a printer on here :slight_frown:

robpaxton
Explorer

Yes it does that on mine as well - There's a bit of script which is responsible - nothing to worry about - just Symantec being clever :laughing:

kee-lo_

hehe shame they didn't do a button like most sites do.

Diego
Visitor

Thanks again I got it now. What I don´t understand is the following. On my self buil Computer with Windows XP Professional it works perfectly, but not on the VAIO with XP Home. So is it a problem of XP or of VAIO?
Diego

kee-lo_

Hard to tell really, as we don't know the specs of your home-built PC.

stevep-4
Visitor

You might be using diffferent versions of Outlook on each computer.

some winfax problems listed at Support.Microsoft.com

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?Catalog=LCID%3D2057%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC...