Visitor

Unvollständiges BIOS ? incomplete BIOS?

Hy!
Ich hab folgendes Problem:
Ich will im BIOS meines PCV RX-2D so Dinge wie:
[AGP Mode] ,
[AGP Aperture Size]
und [Fastwritemode]
einstellen. Doch ich kann diese Einstellungen nirgends finden! Ich hab mir das handbuch des Mainboards runtergeladen. Darin steht, die Einstellungen seien unter [Advanced] -> [Chip Configuration] Doch unter [Advanced] gibt es bei mir nur 2 Einstellungen [PCI Configuration] und nochwas, aber nirgendwo [Chip Configuration].
Kann man den Rest des BIOS irgendwie "freischalten" ?

Now, I'll try it in english:
I have the following problem:
I want to modificate (?) things like :
[AGP Mode] ,
[AGP Aperture Size]
and [Fastwritemode].
but I can't find these values anywhere! I downloaded the manual of the mainboard. Threre stands, I should find these values in [Advanced] -> [Chip Configuration].
But in Avanced] are only two values [PCI Configuraion] and something else.
What should I do? Is there any Way to "unlock" the rest of my BIOS?

Cu,
Ice_Lane

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Ice,

You'll find that Sony hides away some of the BIOS which is pre-programmed into the chip. Sadly, you can't change this.

Ice_Lane
Visitor

Oh man... WHY DOES SONY DO THIS??? Can I change the named values in another Way (right english? :wink: ) ? Does a BIOS-Update help?

kee-lo_

Your English is good :slight_smile:

Nope, you'd have to know machine code to do that.

Ice_Lane
Visitor

Your English is good!

Thx! :slight_smile:

Hmmm... but what is machine code???

kee-lo_

It's like binary.

Ice_Lane
Visitor

aha...hmm... i don't know machine code... Is there NO WAY to change these Values??? SONY, why do you do this??? Kee-Lo, can you explain, why somebody hides BIOS Values or Options... I CAN'T understand this... i will never buy a Sony-Vaio again.

stevep-4
Visitor

I am sure you will find that Dell, Toshiba Compaq and other notebok suppliers do exactly the same....

Ice_Lane
Visitor

But why??? Tell me please why????

stevep-4
Visitor

It is probably so that you return to the vendor (e.g. sony) for future service and support. and the manufacturer can restrict the potential damage that may done to their computer before the customer calls crying for help and warranty support..

Also, the system will not be entirely generic, but tailored specifically for the system set up (like screen, graphics etc).

You would probably find even desk tops are like this, unless you build your own. Of course, when you do that the bios etc would be free from restrictions, since you are the one configuring the system.

If you were the manufacturer, what would YOU do??