Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio RXG408 doesn't start....

Gaaf
Visitor

Vaio RXG408 doesn't start....

When i press the on-button, it starts but after de Sony logo it stops....
I haven't done something with it yesterday.... it only stood on for the music and television... and now.... it's only a screen with IRQ numbers.... en device ID's...........
What should i do???

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Are there any error messages at all?

Gaaf
Visitor

No error's at all...

I know by now what the problem is:
de Harddisc is defect........... after 2 months.... what do you think about that, should i complain about that..?

EzDoezIt
Visitor

Unfortunately our technology is as imperfect as we are. Of the hundreds of thousands of units shipped, some are going to have bad components.

If it is only two months old, Sony will have no problem replacing the disk at no charge to you.

kee-lo_

Yep, speak to Sony NL about getting the hdd replaced. I guess it will have to be sent into Sony.

Gaaf
Visitor

News update :tongue:
this evening i braught it to a company who will retrieve the data on the hdd, so that allready have been taken care of, and next week i'll take it to a service point of Sony..
I hope they can help me fast enough...

Thnx for your comments sofar :slight_smile:

kee-lo_

Hi,

I bet it costs a lot to have the data retrieved from the hdd?
They can probably fix it on-site if they have the time, and it wouldn't really take long to do.

Gaaf
Visitor

I'll see how expensive it will become, but the data on the hdd, is more expensive...

I hope Sony can help me as soon as possible and as fast as possible...

kee-lo_

Ah I see
Some documents are irreplaceable.

Gaaf
Visitor

Happely, i got my pc back this morning with a fully retrieved data disc...
After all, the hdd wasn't defect..but some important system files were crashed..