Join now - be part of our community!

pcv-LX2

STONEMONSTER
Visitor

pcv-LX2

I have a vaio pcv-LX2 which i want to upgrade the graphics card on. However the LCD moniotr has a unique adaptor on it (not the standard svga). Is it possible to buy a connector so i can hook up the monitor to the new graphics card?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You need a graphics card that supports different types of output.

STONEMONSTER
Visitor

Could you recommend or tell me of any graphics card which support this special plug socket?

chuckalicious
Visitor

If it is a longer white one, with lots of holes and I think a little set of slightly larger ones at one end, then this is a DVI connection. Most plasma screens and some LCDs use them. You should find that most of the new cards have them. The nVidia GeForce 4MX 460 on my PCV-RX405 came with one, and I think most of the ATI Radeons do too. Just check before you buy

kee-lo_

Yep, you need to look at cards that say with DVI.

STONEMONSTER
Visitor

I have checked with graphics cards manufacturers and it is not a DVI connector. The PS/2 ports for the keyboard and mouse are integrated into the base of the monitor which is then connected via the LCD cable to the computer. This means that it the graphics card adaptor need to be able to accomodate PS/2 functions. Can anybody help me? :anguished:

kee-lo_

Ah, I know what you mean, and I don't think you can upgrade as it's very specific to your PC. Then again, I bet someone here will prove me wrong.

Stephanius
Visitor

The LX series has a proprietary graphics/keyboard/mouse connector.
This connector is located directly on the mainboard, which means that you can not exchange the graphics card.

The motherboard does not offer a AGP port, you could only add a PCI card wich will not offer better performance than the integrated graphics card.

That are the disadvantages of a highly integrated slim line desktop. :slight_frown:

kee-lo_

Ah my suspicions were right then, I guessed it was all integrated.
Oh well :slight_frown: