Join now - be part of our community!

PCV-RSM21

gschabo
Visitor

PCV-RSM21

I just reinstalled a Vaio PCV-RSM21 and upgraaded to Windows XP Professional.But unfortunalely i can not find any drivers for the soundcard and for the modem.Any idears where i could find the two drivers.

your help is welcome :thinking:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Go to www.vaio-link.com - enter as a vaio user, input your serial number and see if the drivers are there.

Stephanius
Visitor

If you really did a System Recovery, and then an upgrade installation, you are in luck.

Check C:\Drivers\....

gschabo
Visitor

Checked the websote but this does not offer any drivers to download.Only software updates are available not a single driver.Meanwhile found the modem driver but still seaking for the audiodriver.The recovery disk does not seem to work because as sonn as i am starting the recovery console i get a error message VRU runtime error. So no lick so far.I do not understand why this machine is such a pain.Other manufacturers supply everything online but at the vaio website no infos. Can anyone give me a hint on the audio device.How is it recognized on the original setup???
Thank's
Guy

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Try searching Yamaha's website for the drivers.

Stephanius
Visitor

If the Recovery Disk does not work, you did a clean installation. That means that you have as far as I can see now, no option to get the drivers.

There is no diffrence between xp home and xp pro drivers.

Do a recovery, then do an upgrade installation of xp pro.
That will take care of all driver problems.