Join now - be part of our community!

Trouble Connecting a KDL-40NX723 with a SU-B410S

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Reinardt
Visitor

Trouble Connecting a KDL-40NX723 with a SU-B410S

I'm having trouble connecting a KDL-40NX723 with a SU-B410S speaker stand.

I have connected them with a HDMI lead that was supplied with the speaker stand and made sure that the lead is connected to HDMI 1 (ARC) port.

I have followed all instructions in the manual regarding settings, yet nothing happens it does not even power up

Also I have tried connecting the speaker stand to another port, when I do this it powers up and message is displayed on the screen telling me to connect the stand to HDMI port 1 (ARC).

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reinardt
Visitor

Thanks for the response.

I got to the bottom of it, basically the only possible reason I could fathom was the HDMI lead that came with it was not good enough, as I changed it to a better one and it worked instantly.

Might not be the exact reason but hey if it works it works

Havent played too much with the blu-ray side of things yet but hopefully it won't prove too taxing

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Martin40NX723
New

Have you tried going into the sync menu?

You need to go in via the button on the remote, select speakers, then the "audio system" (I forget the exact wording) as opposed to the "TV speakers".

You should then get a green power light on the top LHS of the SU-B410 and the tele should remember the settings.

getting the SU unit to register dolby from a blu-ray player is on the fun side too! I had to read the trouble shooting guide for the BD player 3-4 times before I finally understood what it was asking me to do.

Reinardt
Visitor

Thanks for the response.

I got to the bottom of it, basically the only possible reason I could fathom was the HDMI lead that came with it was not good enough, as I changed it to a better one and it worked instantly.

Might not be the exact reason but hey if it works it works

Havent played too much with the blu-ray side of things yet but hopefully it won't prove too taxing