Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-46EX720 3D menu options

SOLVED
profile.country.bg_BG.title
smartcall
Visitor

Sony Bravia KDL-46EX720 3D menu options

Hello,

The options SBS and Over Under suddenly disappeared from the 3D menu. I only see Off and Simulated 3D. I called the local service and they guided me trough the factory reset process. After the reset the options are still not there. So my question is: did this happened to anyone else and what is the resolution to the issue? Should I grab the TV and bring it to the authorized service or there is something else I could do in order to fix this issue?

Tags (2)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Smartcall,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Are you able to view 3D content correctly or is the 3D content appearing as either Side by Side or Over Under.?

If your the 3D image being broadcast does not contain automatic 3D viewing signal, side by side or over under image on screen, then you manualy set 3D to On, then as far as I am aware this is the only time that the additional 3D format options are available..

View solution in original post

smartcall
Visitor

The problem was with my player. It somehow reset to a lower resolution and the TV didn't have those options with that resolution. Once I noticed the resolution and set it to 1080, everything went back to normal. 3D options are back.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Smartcall,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Are you able to view 3D content correctly or is the 3D content appearing as either Side by Side or Over Under.?

If your the 3D image being broadcast does not contain automatic 3D viewing signal, side by side or over under image on screen, then you manualy set 3D to On, then as far as I am aware this is the only time that the additional 3D format options are available..

profile.country.en_GB.title
nayan007
Visitor

Any issues related to 3D,I will suggest you to please go through the manuel that is given with the Sony Bravia https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

nayan007 wrote:

Any issues related to 3D,I will suggest you to please go through the manuel that is given with the Sony Bravia https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

RTFM that's so helpful...:smileyangry:

smartcall
Visitor

That's the brightest idea I've ever heard! Thank you for the "helpful" answer. Reading the manual never crossed my mind.

smartcall
Visitor

@Thalamus. The 3d options used to be there even when watching a plain TV. Thanks for trying to help.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

smartcall wrote:

@Thalamus. The 3d options used to be there even when watching a plain TV. Thanks for trying to help.

Hi smartcall,

it could be that those options were removed during a firmware upgrade..:smileyconfused:

However as long as the options appear when you are presented with 3D content appearing as either Side by Side or Over Under then honestly I wouldn't worry about it..:smileywink:

smartcall
Visitor

The problem was with my player. It somehow reset to a lower resolution and the TV didn't have those options with that resolution. Once I noticed the resolution and set it to 1080, everything went back to normal. 3D options are back.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Balavs
Visitor

Hi I got THE SAME problem with my NX72 -  Iam trying to veiw virgin media  3D content which appears as two parallel pics - so i tried

3D menu - 3d display -  but no options for side by side only options are off or simulated 3D.

I have called sony tech support 4 times including a US team for hours and hours.They all have tried changing every 3D settings they thought ,finally they got confused and  just told to reset the tv to factory settings which I tried  -  But in vain.

I have called virgin media team 4 times as both have been blaming each other.But as I am getting a crystal clear parallel pictures and sound - I really dont think it is a problem with my source Virgin TIVO box and I even tried by reseting my Tivo box - But in vain

I thought it might be the hdmi cable so i bought a brand new 3D Hdmi cable and tried - But in vain

I was happy to see a Sky tech advice Ext.Inputs - hdmi setup - Device control keys to Normal and tried - But in Vain.

I have no idea what to do next - can somebody help me please.

smartcall
Visitor

Hi

My TV didn't have the 3D options untill I set the player to higher resoluton output setting. So it is not a TV issue. It is related to your player (decoder or whatever device you have that sends the signal to the TV) settings. This is all to it. The picture may seem crystal clear to you, but the TV cares about the resolution which in my case had to be set to 1080px on the player.