Join now - be part of our community!

nx723 ghosting 3D

profile.country.GB.title
cooper363
New

nx723 ghosting 3D

Hi,I just recently bought the NX 723. Love the tv but the 3 D is awfull, it suffers horrific ghosting on pretty much any 3D image to the point its unwatchable.I never noticed this in the store I purchased the TV. Am I just really unlucky or is this a biggie with Sony TV's?

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.en_GB.title
a_dringer
Visitor

Hi sony_cust11, have you had any luck with your credit card company?

I'm in the same boat, my sony centre went into administration (Welwyn Garden City) and Sony don't want anything to do with refunding the money. Can you let me know if you manage to sort it out with through credit card so I can try it that way?

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
cooper363
New

justn to give you all an update on my situation, I finally got the store to demo 3D on two different  sets in store, mine the NX723  and the HX823. mine was as it as always been horrific ghosting or cross and the HX was immaculate? the store have now upgraded me to the HX823. It would seem the Sony tv's  are very hit and miss with 3D as avforum gave the HX a mixed review? yet all owners who have watched 3D say the quality is awesome? confusing but at least I can now just get on with enjoying 3D :laughing:

Reaper1310
Visitor

I have a kdl 46-EX723 and the picture is awful 2. bought it in November last year and the dealer has tried several other tv of the same model and they all ghost the same. They have been back to Sony several times and the long and the short they tell me from them is Thats it, thats as good as it gets...The 2d HD is picture perfect but i bought a 3d to do what is says on the tin... I have now paid out more out my pocket to see what the NX 823 can offer. if it does no good , sorry Sony but you can have it back.. I have plummed for Sony for years for quality, BluRay DVD Surround Sound the works , they seem to have gone to the dogs. The Sony warehouse is now seeing more of the TV's and they will lose a lot of money if they are not careful...

Jrolls1
Visitor

I recently bought a 3D KDL46EX723BU TV and the ghosting/crosstalk in 3D is terrible to the point of it being unwatchable - this is particularly true at the top and bottom of the screen. I've tried two different types of Sony 3D glasses (BR-100 and BR-250) including a pair of 100s which were lent to us with polarizing filters fitted. I've also tried adjusting the 3D depth and brightness of the glasses, lighting in the room, sitting/standing at different distances/angles from the tv etc. I've tried viewing content form my Sky HD box and also Sony's own 3D content downloaded from the internet. None of this makes any difference.

We returned our tv to the dealer (having eventually managed to persuade Sony that there is a fault). The replacement eventually arrived and shows exactly the same fault. We have friends who have the same model of Sony TV (albeit smaller size) and that shows exactly the same problem.

profile.country.fr_FR.title
3D_marche_pas
Visitor

I have had the misfortune of buying a sony set. I am from the UK, but live in France, and my names translates to 3D doesnt work..

Anyway, in France you get a 2yr guarantee. But like so many others have stated, sony told me on the phone that it is normal lol. I asked for this in writing which ofcourse was refused because it would then be proof of blantant false advertisng, not fulfilling its functions etc.

Anyway, the shop sent a tech who said it was faulty. They took my set, but wont give me a refund or an exchange (I would never accept another sony product) until they have tried the stupid filters..

Sony are a disgrace! I just hope that I can get a refund, then hopefully watch them go down in flames. Another couple of years of losing 6bil like 2011 should see them dead and buried.....Which is exactly what they deserve