Join now - be part of our community!

AUdio Output from Acer RL100

profile.country.en_GB.title
bob_mcbob
Visitor

AUdio Output from Acer RL100

Hi there, I recently connected up an Acer RL100 to my Sony KDL-37EX403.

It works a treat, apart from 1 problem...playback of Blueray

The audio works fine normally (when watching the tv shows I have on my network, or using spotify etc) so the audio is definatly getting to the TV.

When I try to watch a blu-ray film, all I get is "Unsupported Audio SIgnal check your input device"

I assume that when playing a blueray it is trying to send higher quality audio then a standard AVI / youtube video and the TV cant handle it?

What is stranger still, is the blueray actually has audio when in its menus its just when the actual movie starts that I get a problem.(persumably has lower quality audio on the menu then??)

I have read alot of people getting this problem, some people say to try a differnt HDMI socket in the TV, others say check the audio output on the computer.

1. I tried different sockets - no differnce

2.  If i look in control panel it is set to "Sony TV-1 Nvidia High definition Audio" - plus sound IS actually comming out of the tv, just not when Blue ray

3. I thought at first it was the HDMI cable as it was just a cheap one, so swapped with a high speed HDMI still get the problem.

as a side note, I also use XBMC (which usually works perfectly), so as I test I set the audio in that to HDMI (rather then standard quality) and I get the same problem no matter what I watch.

I can only assume that my TV cannot handle Hef Def sound through HDMI???  Can anyone confirm this?

Or even better, suggest something I can try to do to resolve this problem.  I have been rather dissapointed with the TV since I got it and I hope this isnt another issue with it.

cheers

0 REPLIES 0