Join now - be part of our community!

nx723 ghosting 3D

profile.country.GB.title
cooper363
New

nx723 ghosting 3D

Hi,I just recently bought the NX 723. Love the tv but the 3 D is awfull, it suffers horrific ghosting on pretty much any 3D image to the point its unwatchable.I never noticed this in the store I purchased the TV. Am I just really unlucky or is this a biggie with Sony TV's?

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

you are not alone on this, there are a few on here now with this issue and no satisfactory answer or solution,

i would strongly suggest you talk to your dealer with your concern and perhaps review the in store demonstrator again and see if that ones doing what yours is, may be worth noting if its not, to make a n ote of the 3D settings and apply them to yours before you make the decision to return it, once again talk to your dealer.

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

I will suggest quite the contrary return it to the retailer immediately. Sony will try to delay finding a solution because after that you lost the chance to return it. You will be left on your own, stuck with a faulty TV. Sony support will lie to you and will try to convince that the TV is within specifications. They will do nothing to solve your problems. I bought 65HX923 which is meant to be the best of their sets and the 3D is good with good sources but have x-talk. My TV also has a panel fault, a dark line in the centre of the screen and a white band close to the centre, and Sony has been fobbing me off. You are not unlucky Sony is producing really bad quality TV and does nothing for its customers. At the moment my only solution is disputing the payment with the credit card. I have always been a loyal Sony Customer but I will not buy Sony ever again.

profile.country.GB.title
cooper363
New

Hi thanks for your response. I have taken a look in store and tv in store shows no Ghosting, the store sent some one out to take a look and they also said it was not right, he checked my settings and they standard, the same as the one in store? it looks as though in one frame it is blending the two images together but not in another, spent a lot of time looking at with different material! all the same results! Im still waiting for a reply from the Sony Centre to get back to me as to wether they are going to exchange the tv for me,I have looked atso much 3D recently i hope they dont come back and say this is just how Sony tv's handle 3D as i would be very dissapionted when much cheaper and lesser tech gives better results??

Bravia55HX

your welcome, however why have you got to wait and see if the sony centre are going to exchange it?, they should be doing that anyway!!!, tell them you want it replaced, my dealer arranged to have mine replaced TWICE before we were happy i had a good one!

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

If you bought it from a Sony Centre all the worse, they are going into administration faster than you can say hi. I bought my from a Sony Centre and it is in administration, hence trying to solve my problems with my credit card because Sony is doing nothing.

Bravia55HX

since all sony centres are franchisee's only the 14 owned by sonex communications had gone into administration.

and Thalamus's response to one of your post on here is very useful and i do hope you succeed in your replacement after all it is a cracking set and would be a shame to give up at the first hurdle, i know that on such an expensive set it should not happen but it did and can be corrected.

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

Sorry to disappoint but I travelled more than 50 miles to avoid the Sonex Sony Centres that were into administration. Guess what they went into administration as well. It is not Sonex only going into administration. I can only blame Sony for producing so much rubbish products. Someone else said that it seems that Sony’s policy is release the rubbish and allow people to return them. I am beginning to believe that it is true. I did reply to Thalamus. I did thank him for his remark however I am the one who paid 4500 pounds for the TV. So Sony response has been horrendous. I never wanted to get rid the TV, I just wanted Sony to replace it for a good one. Sony could have corrected it if that was the case. It might be a cracking set if you get a good otherwise it is a very expensive faulty TV and it seems that most of them are. Their customer support is what prompts me to say that one should really get rid of this rubbish TV at the first hurdle. Sorry if I do not agree with your blind faith in Sony but they have not lived up to their reputation in my experience nor they have tried to correct the problem.

Message was edited by: sony_cust11

Message was edited by: sony_cust11

Spongebob290
Visitor

I had the same problem Im afraid....the 3D is terrible on Sony TV's. The actual tv itself is superb and looks great, good picture great features. But I bought the TV for the 3D films, games, sports...and it is totally unwatchable.

I took mine back and got another one which wwas exactly the same. I took it back again and exchanged it for a Samsung. Brilliant service from Comet no questions asked.....the fact that the sales manager also took his Sony back helped me though. I had some support from Sony in that they sent me some polarizing filters...which made no difference watsoever (I had sent my tv back by then but i took the filters to the store)

Sorry mate but if you cant return it you are screwed 😞

Rob

profile.country.GB.title
cooper363
New

well its been a week since sony cust service said they would post me some filters and still no show. since then ive been doing some research and it would seem there really is a big issue with sony 3d tv's , at the minute I wont even attempt to play any 3d material as ill probably throw the glasses in frustration. decided to tweet the  whole of sony on there and got a reply from sonylistens, they are getting someone at sony uk to get In   touch. will keep you posted on that one as it develops. sony really do have a big issue here as today I took a look at a few sony tv's  in comet and they all had bad ghosting,crosstalk  issues? lets hope they sort it or they could be going bump!