Join now - be part of our community!

No Iplayer on Bravia TV/TalkTalk

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
FreeviewPhil
Visitor

No Iplayer on Bravia TV/TalkTalk

Purchased a KDL-32CX523 a few weeks ago, 5OD and LoveFilm work prefectly, BBC Iplayer will only play radio and not video.

I have spent a lot of time playing with my setup and believe the problem is due to my Router or ISP - TalkTalk. 

Using my Android phone as a WIFI hotspot and connecting the TV to it through a Laptop with a shared Internet connection on the network I got Video on Iplayer!

Iplayer works fine on PC/Android devices on my network.

Reading around the net I see TalkTalk/Tscalli have previously had issues with Sony Blu-Ray Players with Iplayer.

Called TalkTalk who confirmed they do block some P2P ports but they don't believe this would be the issue as they have no other reported problems.

The other thing I saw on the suggested that if the Iplayer servers recognised you IP address (I'm on a fixed broadband IP address) and you had previously streamed the Flash video served to PC/Android it would automatically send this stream not the stream required by the Bravia Iplayer app (Does the Bravia require the H264 stream?)

I've checked my router settings and can't see anything obvious that could be causing the problem.  Might borrow a friends router to test that, but have a feeling this may be a TalkTalk issue.

Anybody got and advice/exprience of similar issues?

Cheers

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FreeviewPhil
Visitor

Thanks for your reply.

My problem is now solved!

Borrowed the works ADSL Router, (Who are also with F2S/TalkTalk) all the network settings are the same on my LAN/Work LAN and it worked first time.

This confirmed it was not a TalkTalk issue and the problem was with my Edimax AR-7284WnA.

Just for fun I paused a BBC Iplayer HD whilst the using works router and put my Edimax router back in, surprisingly the steam continued on my Edimax router long after any buffer would have been exhausted! However the Edimax router would still not start a new Iplayer stream even after updating to the latest firmware.

Purchased and installed a new Netgear router for home and now it all works perfectly!!!!  :slight_smile:

Cheers

Phil

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Yes there was an issue with how the BBC's geofiltering was conflicting with TalkTalk's setup earlier in the year I think, but thats been fixed.

Your issue is strange. Can you explain what happens when you try and watch video - blank screen? etc etc

I'd make sure you have the latest firmware on both the TV and the Router. Deatils on how you can upgrade the TV are in the FAQ on the front page. Then do a factory reset on the TV. It may just be a temporary glitch, but if it has never worked since purchase it would be a bit strange. Are you able to test iPlayer on a friends broadband connection just to try and isolate the fault?

Thanks

FreeviewPhil
Visitor

Thanks for your reply.

My problem is now solved!

Borrowed the works ADSL Router, (Who are also with F2S/TalkTalk) all the network settings are the same on my LAN/Work LAN and it worked first time.

This confirmed it was not a TalkTalk issue and the problem was with my Edimax AR-7284WnA.

Just for fun I paused a BBC Iplayer HD whilst the using works router and put my Edimax router back in, surprisingly the steam continued on my Edimax router long after any buffer would have been exhausted! However the Edimax router would still not start a new Iplayer stream even after updating to the latest firmware.

Purchased and installed a new Netgear router for home and now it all works perfectly!!!!  :slight_smile:

Cheers

Phil

AudreyMorrison
Visitor

I too have problems with IPlayer on my Sony Bravia KDL EX403 television.  Sometimes it works - often it doesn't.  I have now lost it completely.  I am with TalkTalk.  A week ago it worked perfectly, albeit in the middle of the night.  Since then it won't even load.  It rarely works during the day and when it does it buffers constantly.  Any help please.