Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-26EX320 and Variable Framerate (DLNA)

profile.country.en_GB.title
AndrewW-Sony
Visitor

KDL-26EX320 and Variable Framerate (DLNA)

Dear All,

How can i report a bug / upgrade request.

Currently i don't belive the KDL-26EX320 supports variable Framerate for video.

How do i get this support added

Kind Regards

Andrew

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
nayan007
Visitor

Please use this link to get in touch with the support team and please enter your model number and then find support https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

Farley1975
Visitor

Can you report back what Sony's response is?  I'm also interested to see if it is supported or not.  Thank you.

AndrewW-Sony
Visitor

I logged a call with support , should have an answer in 10 working days

I'm also working with the serviio guys to see if i can bypass the issue with profile changes

I will report back, but my nick may have changes as apparently i'm not allowed to have sony in the name

David:what you trying to do

Andrew

Farley1975
Visitor

Andrew: Yeah, I'm interested in VFR.  Should give much better compression & smaller file sizes, so I think we'll see it consumer devices one day.  It would be good to see Sony lead the way.  If you don't get anywhere with Serviio, let mw know and I'll ask the Mezzmo developers what they can do.

AndrewW-Sony
Visitor

David:

It came as a complete shock when the Sony TV would not play the VBR MP4.

My Samsung LE46C750 plays them perfectly. Just added the Sony TV to the network and the MP4's play the sound perfectly but no picture, So all i can hear is my son playing but no picture.

I also use handbreak for format conversion and there is a growing amount of info about the 0.95 version and you must set the constant value not use the "same as source" setings