Join now - be part of our community!

Does C1+ CAM adaptor card work with Bravia KDL 37 EX503?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Pansho
Visitor

Does C1+ CAM adaptor card work with Bravia KDL 37 EX503?

Does CI+ CAM adaptor work with Bravia KDL 37 EX503?

Topuptv.com indicates that equipment with TV Freeview with a CAM slot can use their CI+ CAM adaptor that allows you to receive Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2 and ESPN. Has someone had experience on this? Cheers. Pancho

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
WiesioT
Visitor

TUTV have a list of approved receiving apparatus on their website. Unfortunately this has no Sony TVs on it. Have contacted TUTV about this and they are quite intransigent/unhelpful on the subject. My query related to receving Sky Sorts without using the really horrid Freeview set-top box. I too have a modern Sony (Bravia KDL 32CX520) with a CI+ slot, which should suffice for Sky'restriction on security, but my set is not on their list so TUTV will not supply a CAM to fit. There are no set top boxes on it at all, and as far as I knowe the only one tht will work (with a viewing card is the Freeview branded onde (see Argos or TUTV website. Unfortunately the engineering on this box leads a lot to be desired: the sound quality is appauling the remote control is absolutely cheap and nasty.

I have a Humax STB and a CI+ capablde TV but these are useldess for receiving Sky Sports. It seems that the restrctions emate from Sky and there is a lot of information on various AV forums, with no real resolution obvious soon. I understand that their (Sky's) desire is to lock the card to specific hardware so that it stop it being transportable to other installation.

I also belive that OFCOM are trying to resolve this issue, having forced Sky into offering their programme to the opem market, and Skyn in turn have been kicking back to make it as awkward as possible. Cannot believe that TUTV will survive this easily, but the saga goes on. There is a lot more on this subject on Digital Spy forum

Message was edited by: WiesioT

Message was edited by: WiesioT http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk