Join now - be part of our community!

How to download new apps to Bravia

SOLVED
profile.country.DK.title
jetkeep

How to download new apps to Bravia

I have perchased a KDL-46W905A Bravia and can not find a way to download new apps.

Have serched on Google but only found a youtube from Sony about a Android market app to download apps with but i dont have the market app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

You can't download apps to bravia tv directly you could download apps through an external stb like the nsz-gs7 which has the play store installed,not all apps are available as they have to be optimised for a bigger screen.

View solution in original post

104 REPLIES 104
profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

You can't download apps to bravia tv directly you could download apps through an external stb like the nsz-gs7 which has the play store installed,not all apps are available as they have to be optimised for a bigger screen.

Thomas.E
Explorer

Hi. I also want some more apps on my 55W905A. Apps like viaplay and plex media player
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Unfortunately as stated above it not possible to download & install apps on the current Bravia tv's.

Grisalho
New

what is "external stb like the nsz-gs7" and how could I do this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

STB = Set Top Box

NSZ-GS7 = Google TV

More information:

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/NSZ-GS7

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NSZ-GS7-Internet-Player-Google/dp/B0087Y7E5K

Not sure what you mean on "how could I do this"

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
Mirko1340

Hi all! 

Any news about it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Any news about what?  Downloading new apps?  If you have a 2013/2014 TV, you can use the Opera Store which contains loads more applications for your TV.

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
Mirko1340

Hi, I have KDL 60W605 (2104) want to know if now it is possible to download apps

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As I said above, if you select "All Apps" and then find the Opera Store, you should be able to find others.  However, you can only install more from the Opera Store, and not from anywhere else.

Cheers