Join now - be part of our community!

RDR.. Issues (May 2014) - MASTER THREAD

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
rdr-hxd995_owner

RDR.. Issues (May 2014) - MASTER THREAD

Friday 23rd May approx 19:00 attempted to turn on DVD recorder RDR-HXD995. Seemed reluctant to power on from remote (and when pressing power on on unit itself) as in UPDATE mode. Finally after switching power off at the wall a few times, managed to get it to respond. However when a channel is selected, it displays for a short while and then the screen goes blank. Also, a programme which was set to record, has not recorded.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem - is this July all over again or is it just me?

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

181 REPLIES 181
paftrain
New

I can't do it for a while - my wife is getting annoyed at me keeping interrupting her viewing, so we've switched over to Sky for the time being. (NCIS is on!)

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
MarmiteCyclist
Explorer

I still have the same problem too after switching off and on - no picture via the Sony RDR and no EPG
profile.country.GB.title
gaarbon50

I'm still having the same problem as well....

ricross50

I've tried switching off at the mains for well over 30 seconds. Then tried "Replace channels" and still have same problem. All seems fine for a few seconds then screen goes blank. EPG shows programmes okay but colours are not as usual. Problem is definitely not fixed for me.

profile.country.GB.title
gaarbon50

I switch of power for a couple of min's and then did a re-tune, still have the same problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the feedback

Has been passed on to Sony.

ricross50

My RDR-HDX970 now seems to be working. I went into System Menu->Initial Setup->Easy Setup and then cancelled out once it had started searching for channels. It now seems happy... EPG colours are still not back to normal but otherwise seems ok!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you ricross50 !!

In regards to the EPG, ensure its set to digital EPG and not guide + ?

ricross50

Yeah. It's definitely Digital. It all works - just got to get used to the EPG being turquoise :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
gaarbon50

I tried that but i still have the same problem.