Join now - be part of our community!

RDR.. Issues (May 2014) - MASTER THREAD

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
rdr-hxd995_owner

RDR.. Issues (May 2014) - MASTER THREAD

Friday 23rd May approx 19:00 attempted to turn on DVD recorder RDR-HXD995. Seemed reluctant to power on from remote (and when pressing power on on unit itself) as in UPDATE mode. Finally after switching power off at the wall a few times, managed to get it to respond. However when a channel is selected, it displays for a short while and then the screen goes blank. Also, a programme which was set to record, has not recorded.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem - is this July all over again or is it just me?

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

181 REPLIES 181
profile.country.GB.title
DebbieDebs

The recent problems appear to relate to the transmission of the EPG.(Electronic Programme Guide) in an incorrect format for some SOny devices. Sony don't transmit this but an EPG supplier so whilst the machine says 'update' it isn't in the context of a program software update but a regular transmission that details programme schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable

****** UPDATE *******

Hi all

I have just received word that the problem has been fixed.  Please do a 'hard reset' of your RDR recorder - Unplug the unit from the mains power on the wall, leave for 30seconds and switch it on again.

Thank you all for your patience.

Cheers

paftrain
New

Just tried that - no change!

Sent from my iPad
jamesdeadman
Explorer

Same here - problem still occurs! 😞

keithrazzell
Explorer

Thanks Quinnicus, I'm 'in France' at present.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to say pardon my 'french' - forums would censor it out :grin:

Can you guys (jamesdeadman, paftrain) try once more please in regards to switching it off again (before I report back)

Cheers

paftrain
New

I suggest you stay there for a while - it's not fixed yet.

Sent from my iPad
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI all

I have reported back that the problem is not fixed according to your feedback.

Cheers.

paftrain
New

Thanks. Yes, I've just checked again and the same fault still occurs.

Sent from my iPad
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all.

Sorry to be a pain - can someone please try a full retune (to UK) of their RDRs after a hard reset?  Would be most appreciated.

Cheers.