Join now - be part of our community!

Wired Lan problem with Kd55xd8505

SOLVED
Hanuman_
Explorer

Wired Lan problem with Kd55xd8505

My tv does not recognize wired Lan connection? I have tested that my rj45 cable is working. Also my internet connection is ok since tv can make wireless connection ok. I have my computer connected to internet with wired lan and that works well. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Hanuman_

Try firstly what @Marino.Manolo suggested....

And also :

Did you delete your WiFi network before connecting Wired ?

Go to Home - Settings - Network - Network setup - Expert - Wi-Fi(should see Connected) - select your WiFi connection and then choose Forget network.

Do this for all your Wi-Fi known and active connections( 2.4 or 5 GHz).

Both WiFi and Wired cannot coexist if no Static IPs are set for each one type of connection.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,

try a simple Android TV Reboot:

Soft reset

• Press and hold the Power button on the remote until the "Power off" message appears/ is displayed (approx. 5 seconds)
  • Release the Power button when "Power off" message appears on-screen
  • The TV will begin a reboot sequence and will restart automatically (approx. 1 minute)

Manolo

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Hanuman_

Try firstly what @Marino.Manolo suggested....

And also :

Did you delete your WiFi network before connecting Wired ?

Go to Home - Settings - Network - Network setup - Expert - Wi-Fi(should see Connected) - select your WiFi connection and then choose Forget network.

Do this for all your Wi-Fi known and active connections( 2.4 or 5 GHz).

Both WiFi and Wired cannot coexist if no Static IPs are set for each one type of connection.

Hanuman_
Explorer

Yes. After i turned wi-fi off wired lan started working. Thank you.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

You are welcome.

Happy you solved this.

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

True, the "precedence" of the Wi-Fi... 😄

Manolo

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Yes

And only in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2526067 :wink:

* Not for Windows 10

Blacktip69
Explorer

How can the issue be resolved for a "Wired LAN Problem" when the fix is to forget the Wi-Fi setup.  These are 2 completely different networks and have no association with reach other.

Having read around various Sony forums and others, it appears that there is clearly an issue here with Sony as a company (something that I thought that I would never say) when it comes to them carrying out any sort of QA on WI-FI & Ethernet LAN Drivers Testing.  The messages about issues with WI-FI & Ethernet LAN drivers go back years over different models, but the same issues crop up time and time again.  As forums area a great feedback tool to the company selling a product, which then loops back into the R&D, QA departments etc... , then people like Sony need to wake up here and take this issue seriously as it frustrates the client (us, and they seem to forgotten about us in this mix) no end and will only serve to make our feet keep moving in another direction like a Samsung in future. You have been warned Sony.

And before anyone suggests it:-

1) A power cycle

or

2) A Factory Reset

or

3) Blame the Network/Router/Switch for an issue that has in some cases only been evident after an upgrade of the firmware on the TV.

None of the above fixes poorly coded drivers. 

The fix here is to identify the issue, ensure that you can replicate it, produce the code that addresses the issue, beta test the code and assuming that it all OK, roll this out to the poor people you took money from and have been palming off with poor excuses up to now.

Blacktip69

Team Leader - Networking (Ethernet/Routers/Switches) & Security (Firewalls/IDS/IPS)

(So I know what I am talking about)

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Do not know if it applies to your case, but Android is particularly subject to error connecting to network if the date is set wrong in the device and this could be due to any error in getting the time automatically from network or broadcaster if set to auto. Just in case try to set the date/hour manually and see if it solve

profile.country.GB.title
Spikeramm
Explorer

Hi

I also have an internet connection issue. Below is my defect report sent to Sony

I have two Bravia TVs situated in different rooms . Each one displays the same problem. Frequently at any time of day, the display shows an indication that the TV is no longer connected to the internet and then a second or two later an indication that it is now connected to the internet. This occurs on both my TVs. KD49XE8004 and KD43XF8096 most of the time, even when only one TV is in use and no other device is being used. Both TVs are connected by wifi.  My PC, laptop, tablet and mobile have no such problem even when used in close proximity to the TVs.  In the last month I have upgraded my Sky router to the latest model with no effect on the issue.

It is very annoying. This appears to have been reported many times on the web by other users. Can you please solve this problem without me having to go on a engineering course.

I was sent a three page Sony handout detailing many steps to try. In spite of my reluctance to carry out these checks and suggestions - as I feel the TVs are not fit for purpose with regard to internet use and should be resolved in the Sony labs - I fumbled through them to no avail.

Come on Sony, I have been a loyal Bravia customer over many years. Get this sorted!