Join now - be part of our community!

Wired Lan problem with Kd55xd8505

SOLVED
Hanuman_
Explorer

Wired Lan problem with Kd55xd8505

My tv does not recognize wired Lan connection? I have tested that my rj45 cable is working. Also my internet connection is ok since tv can make wireless connection ok. I have my computer connected to internet with wired lan and that works well. 

30 REPLIES 30

I was also going insane with the Ethernet causing me problems. Network time change solved the problem. Thanks all.

profile.country.GB.title
Crawshaw123
Explorer

I had the problems with the Wifi and Wired Connections not working after the software update.

I had the No Ethernet Connection message - even though my Wired Connection showed as connected.

What was frustrating was that Netflix worked despite this message but Amazon Prime, Disney+ etc didn't.

I tried the hard reset, the deleting the saved wi-fi connections and the other things listed on this site.

What worked for me was this (below) found in the Help section.  I changed to Network Supplied Time and the message regarding No Ethernet Connection disappeared and Amazon Prime worked.

After a software update, some apps such as Prime Video™, Netflix® , and YouTube™ streaming services may not respond while others operate normally on your Android TV™. This occurs because the TV clock settings are not correct. To resolve the issue, set the TV clock to the correct network time.

1. On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
  2. Select  Settings.
  3. Under the System Preferences category, select Date & time.
  4. Select Automatic date & time.
  5. Select Use network-supplied time or On.
Zeroart
New

Fabulous, worked for me too. I was about to throw the thing out the window. Unbelievable 

profile.country.GB.title
Matohaa
Explorer

Thanks for the hint, this solved my repeating issue instantly.

Settings / System Preferences / Date & Time / Automatic date & time: Use network time (had Use broadcast time before)

I had exactly the same problem. Netflix works, nothing else did. Network status shows connected but ethernet disconnected keeps showing.  Setting time to set from network works.  Seriously Sony - this is crap software. So many complaints. FIX IT!

profile.country.GB.title
BRW123
New

This solved the error I was struggling with for 2 days.

The system time was set as Broadcast Time but my aerial had pulled out, so the TV thought it was a year ago for some reason.

As soon as I set the time to Network Time it updated and everything worked again.

Interestingly Netflix was the only streaming app that continued to work, all the others must do a check on the Android connectivity and then give up.

I think it would be highly beneficial for the error message to say "Error with System Time" or something similar, as "Ethernet Disconnected" is incorrect and sends you down a path of resetting modems/routers/TV/replacing cables etc. I guess that lies with Android rather than Sony though?

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
bvandevliet
Explorer

The broadcast time options are greyed out at my Bravia, also tried the developer menu, but still no success. Just bought the TV yesterday, and already thinking about sending it back, buying a different brand, just because it's unable to connect to internet using a wired LAN cable, isn't that ridiculous..?

EDIT

Okay you will not belief this... Running the diagnostics it says to firmly connect the LAN cable. What I did was pulling it out just a little bit and everything works perfectly. So it seems in my situation not to be software related, but the LAN connector in the TV is poorly designed (yeah, that's to be expected when you buy an expensive tv from a premium brand, lol).

profile.country.GB.title
Captain_paranoia
Explorer

I have the xr48 a90k and to be honest it appears that Sony have fired out an incomplete product … I am constantly dropping Ethernet and having to reboot … honestly wish I hadn’t bought Sony and as ever technical support no nothing … and as for down scaling from ipv6 to 4 , why should we compromise for one piece of kit 

profile.country.GB.title
Captain_paranoia
Explorer

Bang on Sony are fast becoming yesterdays chip paper …. I won’t buy again ….. 

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Captain_paranoia, that's really frustrating! Have you tested WiFi instead of Ethernet? Maybe the issue is related to the cable or the internet itself since it happens with all your TVs 😕