Join now - be part of our community!

Where is delete button on remote?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MysteryMan99

Where is delete button on remote?

I have a KD65-AG9 TV and am trying to change the name of a HDMI input, which is currently "Aux"

I can get on the right field and use the remote control to enter new characters, but I need to delete the existing ones first and cannot work out which key on the remote does this.

Can anyone help, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Yes I thought it was odd when you said there was no on screen keyboard.

Always when confronted with odd behaviour of the TV try a full restart, hold the power button down on the remote for 5 seconds, you should get the option to Restart or Cancel, click on Restart. If that doesn't work go for a power cycle, press the power button on the remote and when the TV switches off unplug it. Wait for a few minutes then plug in, and turn the TV on and see if that has cleared the errant behaviour.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Ok got a different model of Sony TV to you but the workings may be broadly similar.

My TV remote does not have a delete button and yours probably doesn't too.

When naming or renaming an HDMI input there should be an onscreen keyboard

on that keyboard you should see an x within a pointed box shape as below.

mobile_interface-20-512-3478009618.png

profile.country.GB.title
MysteryMan99

Thanks for reply but, unfortunately, I don't see any on-screen keyboard.......It just sits in the box with "Aux". I can use the remote control to move left and right and input characters, but, unable to delete any!

Grrrrr!

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@MysteryMan99 

According to this:-

https://helpguide.sony.net/gbmig/14HE4241/v1/uen/c_extinput_uc_mng.html

you select the name you want to change and then press Edit.

Which kind of implies, if these instruction refer to your TV, that selecting Edit will wipe the existing value.

If not, can you left arrow to the first character in the existing value, and then type, hoping it will do replace, rather than insert, as you go along?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
MysteryMan99

Well, how strange......just gone on it again and, lo and behold, it displayed a nice on-screen keyboard for me to delete/enter characters.

So, the good news is that I was able to change the label for HDMI4 to "Sky".

The bad news is that when I do select input then it insists on calling it "Player_3" - any ideas why it is ignoring the label I set?

profile.country.GB.title
MysteryMan99

Seems like switching off/on fixed stuff. Just gone back on to check something else and now label is correct!!!!! 😳

All sorted now...phew! 😀

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Yes I thought it was odd when you said there was no on screen keyboard.

Always when confronted with odd behaviour of the TV try a full restart, hold the power button down on the remote for 5 seconds, you should get the option to Restart or Cancel, click on Restart. If that doesn't work go for a power cycle, press the power button on the remote and when the TV switches off unplug it. Wait for a few minutes then plug in, and turn the TV on and see if that has cleared the errant behaviour.