Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55A80L

profile.country.DK.title
Tikkie
Explorer

Sony 55A80L

When I switch on the television, it is often that I do not get a TV signal but only access to the app. Has anyone else experienced the same problem and what was the solution.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Press the Setting button on your Remote Control (either gear icon or on newer TVs a spanner)

From the on screen menu select Settings.

Scroll down and click on System.

On the next menu scroll down to Power & Energy.

Click on Power-on Behaviour.

Select Last Used Input.

The above instructions are for my Sony TV which is a different model to yours,

your TVs menu system may be slightly different to mine, so follow the above

as a general template.

profile.country.DK.title
Tikkie
Explorer

Hi
It dont work out. I have tried this many times before.
Kind regafds
Flemming (Tikkie)

Sendt fra min iPad
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Always good to tell people what you have tried to resolve the situation, so you don't get replies asking you to do things you have already tried.

Have you restarted your TV, press the power button on your remote control for 5 seconds.

have you done a full power down of your TV, switch it off, unplug it for a minute or two, and then

power up.

Is the firmware for your TV up to date.

profile.country.DK.title
Tikkie
Explorer

Hi
Yes. I have done all and it dont work out. Sorry.
Kind regards

Sendt fra min iPad
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

You don't really give out very much information do you.

Are you certain your TV is updated to the latest firmware, there was an update released

on the 31st August 2023. Click below.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-oled-tvs-android-/xr-55a80l/downlo...

Can you upload a picture of the Power On Behaviour screen so we can see whether Last Used Input is selected.

On the Remote, press Settings, on screen select Settings> System> Power & Energy. Power On Behaviour.

profile.country.DK.title
Tikkie
Explorer

Hi
Yes. All is updated.

Sendt fra min iPad
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Tikkie, if you've already checked the above (the last input setting), try to unplug and replug the mains lead and check again. You can also try to disconnect all external devices and check again