Join now - be part of our community!

Tv won't stay connected to wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting.

profile.country.GB.title
leeshez
Explorer

Tv won't stay connected to wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting.

Hi guys, Every day through out the evening whilst watching TV, It keeps saying TV is not connected to the internet then a couple of minutes later it reconnects. I have checked and it is connected to my network, Also i have reduced my router to 2.4G for the wifi signal. Also the router is about a foot from the Tv.

Thanks Lee.

62 REPLIES 62
profile.country.GB.title
kjus13
Explorer

Thanks, @IamNic, that's the settings I've been using since always.

This whole problem started out of a sudden after nearly two years of flawless operation...

profile.country.GB.title
TrekMadone.
Explorer

Hi,

I changed my broadband supplier and got a new modem. It’s been fine since.

Sony tv is not compatible with all modems.

don’t bother with the help desks. Everyone blames each other!

I now have a plusnet modem. All good.

Trek 

profile.country.GB.title
Malbazz
Explorer

Our sony tv frequently loses wifi connection.  Watching ITV catchup it returns to the start of a programme after the adverts.

profile.country.SE.title
jag_far_inte_heta_lilla_b
Explorer

kan man inte byta wi fi adaptern till en starkare nyare? det skulle kanske lösa problemet ?

Tack för intressant lösning i alla fall.

😁😊😉

izzzyinn
Explorer

I have the Sony BRAVIA KD-65XH9296 the Tv was exchanged 2 times with different faults on the 3 tv the tv has trouble switching on pluss it freezes when using the remote ...!

profile.country.GB.title
Thehomme
Explorer

Thanks. 100% agree. OF COURSE IT IS THE TV!!! Everything else works fine. I can’t believe someone suggests plugging in an Ethernet cable as a solution. 

profile.country.GB.title
Thehomme
Explorer

Update on this. I have a 3 disc BT whole home mesh system to extend wifi in my house.
What I discovered is that one of the discs (upstairs and not the one the TV was connected to) wasn't connected properly. It didn't cause any problems with any other devices but I rebooted the BT whole home system and I haven't had the issue since. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Thehomme, I'm glad to hear this. Thank you for updating the thread. 

profile.country.BG.title
KrystoDobrev
Explorer

I just want to thank you for your help, because it was your advice that helped me solve my problem!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey KrystoDobrev, you just made my day! It was a collective effort. :slight_smile: