Join now - be part of our community!

Tv won't stay connected to wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting.

profile.country.GB.title
leeshez
Explorer

Tv won't stay connected to wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting.

Hi guys, Every day through out the evening whilst watching TV, It keeps saying TV is not connected to the internet then a couple of minutes later it reconnects. I have checked and it is connected to my network, Also i have reduced my router to 2.4G for the wifi signal. Also the router is about a foot from the Tv.

Thanks Lee.

62 REPLIES 62
profile.country.GB.title
Captain_paranoia
Explorer

Yes lee sane here it’s the age old problem the best simply becomes the rest … don’t clearly are out of the game my OLED is out of the box not working drips the Ethernet randomly may stay connected fir a few days then drops every few hours … Sonys second line tech are simply kids at home and never return the calls let’s face it  the company’s shot …. Thank god for 4k fire stick that all I can say …. Best next to to buy and lg monitor and get the sound bar and connections at a fraction of what Sony charge .. thankfully my retailer gave me a chunk off the tv given it’s connection problems and Sonys silence 

profile.country.GB.title
Captain_paranoia
Explorer

My suggestion is Sony should close shop and admit to being todays chip paper … my OLED is 30% higher cost than it’s rivals and they haven’t mastered the art of connecting a smart tv to the internet … Sonys first line support offer me a platitudes and waffle … second line tech are like the  probably the knights Templar , because I haven’t heard from them but apparently they’re there …. I asked Sony for a firestick , let’s face it , it’s the only thing that will keep this techno junk connected …. In the plus side my retailer admitted the issue and gave offered a to cover the cost of a fire cube …. 

profile.country.GB.title
Yasmin5000
Explorer

That helps me immediately. Thanks