Join now - be part of our community!

Screen burns OLED

profile.country.GB.title
tonyboy60
Explorer

Screen burns OLED

Hello, I brought a KD55AF8 tv, it has what looks like screen burn. Contacted Sony as I had a 5 year Guarantee, after keeping me waiting 5 weeks they tell me there’s nothing they can do! I spent over £2400 on this tv and ,done nothing but watch TV on it and it’s ruined. Can anybody help me with any advice please? I certainly would never buy Sony again the after sale service is disgusting!F84D8873-7A63-4D0B-90B2-B6E42A1FE685.pngB68B52F6-4E34-4765-8E0B-D2F0172B4D99.jpeg57834D8B-F463-420B-8C92-D763D06D3FC3.jpeg

36 REPLIES 36
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @brandy28, some screen burns are covered under the warranty if your TV is still covered. You can share a picture of it here. Also what is the TV's software version?

profile.country.GB.title
brandy28
Explorer

Hi there yes I’ve submitted photos to Sony on Friday and I’m waiting to hear back.  But it’s under warranty till oct 24 and I went into the service menu and it’s only done 12000 hours so not really over used for nearly 4 years old.  It cost me just under 3.5 k so I’m gutted this has happened.  Great tv but it shouldn’t have this problem 

profile.country.GB.title
brandy28
Explorer

IMG_4476.jpeg

Software version is the latest PKG6.5076.0635EUA

Piscie
Community Team

@brandy28 have you tried panel calibration & panel refresh to fix this?

profile.country.GB.title
brandy28
Explorer

Yes it’s had a panel refresh a soft reset and a factory reset.  Then had a calibration and no difference .  The other picture on the other Sony tv is similar to mine when I’m viewing sky it’s like a grid effect on blue background but worse with cyan or red background.  If they don’t replace it I would never buy another Sony .  It’s only had 2 oldies watching it no gaming or anything excessive but it’s been like this now for last 3 or 4 month.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

From the image it seems like the "oldies" watch only a news channel (you can figure out the anchorman silhouette and the news banner below) that is easiest scenario for burning an OLED. Imho

profile.country.GB.title
RichardS1952
Explorer

Hello,

If you look for my threads (a few year’s old now) you will see the same thing happened to mine. Sony weren’t interested despite having a 5 year warranty. Said it was self inflicted !

Your first port of call should be the retailer as your contract is with them. Mine was Curry’s / PC World who took it away and decided it wasn’t repairable so gave me a new one.

Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone