Join now - be part of our community!

Can't sign in to Youtube/Google Play Music, sync not working on 2015 Bravia Android TV

profile.country.GB.title
markeebee
New

Can't sign in to Youtube/Google Play Music, sync not working on 2015 Bravia Android TV

I'm not sure exactly when this happened, but I'm fairly confident it was after the most recent firmware update. My TV is a KDL-43W756C.

All my Youtube subscriptions, history etc have disappeared, and when I open the YouTube app I get the message "There was a problem signing in to your account".

When I open Google Play Music, I just get an orange splash screen and nothing else ever happens.

If I go to my account under Settings > Personal > Google and look at the Sync section, it says "Sync isn't working right now. It will be back shortly."

I've tried several factory resets, and tried signing in using:

• the mobile phone-based method
  • my normal email/password and two-factor auth app code
  • an app-specific password generated using my Google account

None of these seem to make any difference.

So at the moment, the Android part of the TV is basically useless... What can I do to try and sign in correctly again? Any help gratefully received!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you managed to resolve this or do you still require assistance?  One of the things that I can suggest is to ensure that you google password is correct on the TV.

Cheers

Club3006
Explorer

360+ VIEWS and not one answer from a SONY expert. That's shameful. From what I gather this is a pretty common problem. By THIS....I mean:

• Launch YouTube and get a message that says, "There was a problem signing on to your account."
  • Recently, many YouTube video only play audio but no video
  • Sync appears to NEVER be working

Would love help with these issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately Sony do not post on these forums - this is why it is called a Community Forum. 

Why no one posted:

As you can see above, I did post a reply, but unfortunately it was about 6 weeks later.  Considering the original poster never either reposted again or replied to my post, I am assuming that the original poster managed to resolve the problem on their on.

So this brings me to you.  You have described the issues you are having, but you have not described

• Model number your TV - I hate assuming things, considering the topic title says "Android TV", past experience suggests that may not always be the case for when others reply.
  • Any steps you have undertaken to try and resolve this problem yourself.  I mention this, as its no point in suggesting you do X, Y and Z when you just reply back and state - did them before hand.

So lets suggest the first two steps in the troubleshooting process:

• Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed
  • Factory reset your TV.

Happy to provide assistance - just keep in mind the people labled 'Experts' on these forums are not Sony employees but volunteers who try to help the best they can.

Cheers

kashmoly
New

I have the same horrible sign in problem. I've tried everything. Android movies and You Tube account useless as the account is not recognised (even though it's signed in successfully in TV settings).

Wonder did anyone ever find a fix to this?