Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV. Pause and Recording live TV

SOLVED
toonarmy17
Explorer

Bravia TV. Pause and Recording live TV

Hi,

I recently purchased the 49X8309C TV. So far the TV is great and I have added a 2TB hard drive to it to record live TV.

Unfortunately I have had to disable youview to do this. The standard TV guide built in does not appear to show RED dots next to the programmes set to record ahead. Is there a way to change this so I can see what recording may overlap etc?

Secondly is there any way to pause live TV with this television? Online sony seem to have an option for it but I can seem to get it to work.

Any help much appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You must have already set at least one program to record.  Some information and pictures are in this FAQ:
https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/how-tos-faqs-tvs-home-cinema/android-tv-usb-hdd-recording/ba-p/21525...

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to your first question, the best way to check what recordings you have set is to go to the "Timer List" which should be in the Action menu.

In regards to pausing live TV - this is called "Time Shift".  Sony Android TVs currently do not have a timeshift function unfortuately.  This has been requested many times, but we do not know if/when such function will be implemented.

Cheers

toonarmy17
Explorer

Hi.

Thanks for the help. The time shift is pretty frustrating I was under the impression the new Android smart TV's could. Lets hope sony get around to it.

Unfortunately i cant seem to find a timer list in the action menu. I have a 'title list' button which shows what I have already recorded but not what I have lined up to record in the future.

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You must have already set at least one program to record.  Some information and pictures are in this FAQ:
https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/how-tos-faqs-tvs-home-cinema/android-tv-usb-hdd-recording/ba-p/21525...

Cheers

toonarmy17
Explorer

Thanks that picture helped. Found it no problem with that. I was looking for a timer list selection button. 

To make it clear for anyone else its:

Press on the remote 'Title List' button then press left on the remote and its in the red menu box.

Spent ages looking for that thanks.

Would be easier if Sony put a red dot on recording programmes in the guide 

Allenx
New

This is really rubbish! Selling a smart TV without time shift these days is a complete con. Who would buy such a product if they new it lacked such basic functionality? I would have saved my £1,300 and bought another Samsung if I'd known of this limitation. Samsung TVs have had this functionality for many years. Come on Sony, you're taking us all for a ride! Do something.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Allenx 

Try this:-

https://helpguide.sony.net/gbmig/C5651001/v1/eng/c_usbrec_europe_pause.html

Needs a hard drive on a USB port, but seems pretty seamless once you add one.

(By the way, it’s never a good idea to post on a 7-year-old thread, especially a Solved one. And nobody knows if you are talking about then or now 😢 Best to start a new thread next time, gain more prominence).

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…