Join now - be part of our community!

weak network signal

SOLVED
briant566
Visitor

weak network signal

Sorry if posted twice but not sure first one posted

Since the last upgrade i have had weak  network coverage on 02 today i have a one bar or no signal but my parter on same network on nokia phone has had full or 4 bars

Back home it slightly better but only have two bars to her full  do i need to do a full reset  ? or contact Sony Service

Before anybody asks I have not dropped it !

Any Ideas ??

Update

just been into settings  I never use mobile data as PAYG use free wi-fi for e mails

What setting should i use  4G  WCDMA only or WCDMA GSM   signal seems better on last one but still weak

29 REPLIES 29
briant566
Visitor

As my phone has now been replaced i thought it would be ok while  it is better I Am still not happy with the way this Phone lacks the strengh  to pick up weak signal. My Old Phone is a Nokia 701 and copes with the weak signal no problem showing 3-4 bars next to the Sony showing   1 or 2 at best . as does a £10 samsung  swopping sim card show same results

This phone must have a verse weak antenna or do all New smart phone do it I supect that why the Nokia is so good is it is 3 g only

I have set my Sony to WCDMA  but is still poor So befor I by onother phone I will have to check it at Home as antenna  does not apear in any reviews

Roest
Visitor

Hi Brian,

I have the exact same problem. I have a horrible network (while using Netherlands best provider) In Amsterdam.
While on the phone with someone, my connection is lost for a couple of seconds. This happens way to often......

I allready test with other simcards, and phones...leaving one conclusion; my phone has a bad antenna.

Reading your story doensn't give good hopes on returning to Sony...

Can you tell me you also had the same problem when phoning someone?

briant566
Visitor

Hi

No mine was only a problem in weak signal areas particually the area were i live. in other  towns and cities no problems full signal It only seem to be in areas were signal is week as said in my report this does seem to be a problem with some smartphone old phones dont have this issue

It a case of try before you buy

Just a update the signal in my area has now improved so it is a lot better

wasswa
Visitor

My xperia z1 has poor battery and even poorer network. Had battery changed but nothong has changed. Help!
King_Candyman
Visitor

This question has been marked as Resolved. By what I have read, it definitely isn't resolved. I have just received my new company mobile phone (xperia XA) and I am far from impressed with the signal. My previous phone was an HTC Desire 626 and I never experienced signal problems. I am running on EE (not O2)  so it isn't a service provider issue. 

Several times I have been on a call and suddenly I cannot hear anything. I check the signal and I have no bars. The phone can also be sitting on my desk and I could have full bars and then nothing at all. 

This is definitely a handset issue and I will be looking to send my one back and take the alternative option of a Samsung J3. 

Sony - As this is your forum, I hope you read these posts and investigate the issues further 😥

N1ckname
Visitor

I to have a Sony xperia x with always no signal at best two bars but mainly none to one. And also the battery goes flat in no time at all. Had it since December 2016.having had Sony xperia z2 before never having any problem with signal or battery. Feel like throwing this at a wall most of the time, truly the worse phone I have ever had. Ps I'm on ee network

StarPlatinum
Visitor

Just bought a z5 compact.  Can't make a single call.  The call disconnects immediately when I dial a number.  Sign is always on "AWAY" network (but I still can't make a single call).  When I try to connect to my main "HOME" network, network can't be found.  I'm downtown and I can't get any signal or make a call.  Tried all WCDMA, LTE, all the options but no solution.  Tried data reset, nothing.  Tried repair tool, but no solution.  Put the SIM card back to my old phone with the cracked screen and full bars, no problems.  Tried using my wife's SIM card, which is a different carrier, and again the z5 can't make a single call.  Based on the responses in this thread and responses from Sony, sending the phone back seems absolutely useless if they just send the phone back without a solution.....getting a refund is probably my only option

Vibezing
Visitor

Had a massive problem myself. Took the network off 4g and its now fine. Internet fast and signel good. Im on 3 so not sure its the phone or sim. But seems to be working fine will check back and report in a week.

Daveyboy0_0
Visitor

Running on EE as well. Sat next to a work mate also on EE Sony x no service, Samsung galaxy 4bars on 4g. Phones been back for repair still exactly the same 

N1ckname
Visitor

Mine is experiencing x been for repair two thing's replaced still no signal anywhere on EE can't wait to run over this rubbish phone when my contract ends