Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia tablet Z dosen't start

SOLVED
profile.country.FR.title
ali_mizda
Explorer

Sony Xperia tablet Z dosen't start

Hello helpers,

My Sony Xperia tablet Z SGP311 had a problem with the charging port, after replacement by a new one, the battery now is fully charged but the tablet wouldn’t start!! The only sign of life is when connecting the charging cable, so the screen stock in blank just after the logo screen and the 100% charged battery screen.

I’ve tried all the ways to reboot it, but nothing worked, power + volume up, power + volume down, power+ 2 volume buttons or even disconnecting the battery!!

It seems like that the power button is not working! But even with connecting the power cable it’s not working!!

Any idea?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.FR.title
ali_mizda
Explorer

Hello there,

I’d like here to explain what was exactly my issue after I solve it.

The problem started when I replaced the power port by a new one, before that everything was working as usual, so that’s why I didn’t thought for any hardware problem. So, I proceed to connect the tab to my PC but they are not responding (both).

Finally, I found the cause, or causes.

For the PC: first I didn’t use an original cable, and I had to choose the proper USB port i.e. USB 3.0 or something like.

For the Tablet: the power button was strangely defected, where it was working very well before changing the charge port!

Actually, it was a mix of multiple parameters that came together and made my problem.

I’m sharing here my experience for the gain of others.

Peace.

Ali

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

It might be best to contact Xperia support here.

Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @ali_mizda 

was the charging port repaired in an authorized sony service center? if so you can send your device back for repair again. 

profile.country.FR.title
ali_mizda
Explorer

Hi Nolramlb,

Thank you for response.

Actually I change it myself but the problem is a software issue, it’s not a hardware one anymore!!

Thank you

regards

Ali

profile.country.FR.title
ali_mizda
Explorer

Hello there,

I’d like here to explain what was exactly my issue after I solve it.

The problem started when I replaced the power port by a new one, before that everything was working as usual, so that’s why I didn’t thought for any hardware problem. So, I proceed to connect the tab to my PC but they are not responding (both).

Finally, I found the cause, or causes.

For the PC: first I didn’t use an original cable, and I had to choose the proper USB port i.e. USB 3.0 or something like.

For the Tablet: the power button was strangely defected, where it was working very well before changing the charge port!

Actually, it was a mix of multiple parameters that came together and made my problem.

I’m sharing here my experience for the gain of others.

Peace.

Ali