Join now - be part of our community!

Headset not supported

kellyh1991
Visitor

Headset not supported

I keep getting a message flash up in my phone saying the headset is not supported change headset or go to sony support page but couldnt see anything. Anyone have any idea what it could be

86 REPLIES 86
taha07
Visitor

Guys I have finally find the cure for this problem
GO to setting>apps>all apps>unsupported headset notifier and click disable there ur problem is solved
Negig
Visitor

I had the same problem with my phone, what did I do that just used an ear bud/swab to clean the audio jack, and it worked.
Pavel31
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem. The advised steps work somewhat, but do not solve the problem.
Mogster
Visitor

Hi I've seen a post about this message and there was a method to stop it but it's not working on my phone and I'd love it if anyone has any ideas.
I keep getting a message saying my headphones aren't supported, even though there are no headphones connected. It's really annoying because it keeps interrupting whatever it is I'm doing on the phone.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

try to long press on the notification to see which app is causing this. you can terminate that app

Mogster
Visitor

Thanks a lot I'll give it a go.
Pellefant
Visitor

Ty! This worked for me 💗
Good7
Visitor

Headset not sapoterd

seandnc
Visitor

To fix the problem you can use a hands free headset or make sure headset plug has three rubber rings instead of two (the most common). The third rubber ring is for headphones which have a microphone in them for handsfree. The phone is not working with the other headphones because it is trying to recognise a microphone as well.

My phone started to not recognise my headphones yesterday. I had been using the same headphones with this phone for months. I think the problem is due to a software update a few days ago. I was told I should try headphones with a microphone as well (3 ribber rings) by my father who used to fix Sony euipment and it worked.

Hope this helps.

Hermawan1
Visitor

Hi @cameronT

Recently I faced this problem again. When I am listening to music using Headset MDR-XB70, suddenly the volume up or down and when I unplugged the headset and plugged it again, the message that my headset is not supported. Smart connect has already uninstalled. So, I just shut down then turn on my Xperia M4 Aqua (it is not worked when I restart my phone) and I can listen through headset, but the problem appeared again. Is there something else that I can do (except go to Sony Service Center)? Thanks for your response