Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia zl connecting/disconnecting from computer by itself

JimFear
Visitor

Xperia zl connecting/disconnecting from computer by itself

Today i used the sony update service program because i had other issue with my phone and now i've got some problem with my usb. When i connect my cellphone on my computer on the usb it keep connecting/disconnecting by itself. I tried with a new usb wire and on my other computer and i've got the same issue.

i tried a factory reset and i tried to connect the phone when im in safe mode but it doesnt change anything. It keep disconnecting and reconnecting by itself.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

10 REPLIES 10
Sam
Legend
Legend

If you take a close look at the pins on the system connector of the phone, does it look bent or damaged?

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

JimFear
Visitor

thx for the help but the issue was related to a program that come with the telephone (?!) I did an update of the programs that come with the cellphone and right now it seem to be ok.

JimFear
Visitor

well actually im out of luck. I tought my problem was resolved but out of nowhere after something like 30minutes the telephone disconected by itself (i didnt even moved the cellphone) and now im back with the same connection/disconnection problem when im connected with a usb wire.

As i said before, the pins inside the connector doesnt seem damaged at all. 

JimFear
Visitor

i only have this issue when my phone is connected on a pc. When its on charge everything seems to be ok with the usb connector.

Sam
Legend
Legend

That is odd, however with the connection issue we cant even look at a driver problem and as such I can only advise that you speak with your local  Xperia Care team regarding having an assessment performed.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

abreuer
Visitor

I have the same problem.
xperia Z1 c6903 - the usb connection to PC disconnects and connect every second

sames
Visitor

I have exactly the same issue.

i need to keep reconnecting the device and selecting MTP and eventually after 15minutes it holds the connection.   Is it possible that its due to some files on the internal storage?

connection pins are fine.  it always chanrges without issue.

I've tried multiple USB leads without sucess

i've tried multiple laptops and computers with no luck.

Tags (3)
Dan94
Visitor

SAME PROBLEM HERE

the phone keeps connecting and disconnecting by itself

i already discarted Hardware issues and i updated the Drivers of the USB bus and the Xperia ones

i though the issue was with Debugging due that i was working on adb shell but nope. it keeps happening even after master resetting the phone, the guys from the Chat proved themselves completely useless and i need my phone to work

for what i´m looking here it seems to be a problem with the last phone update so i hope you find the solution and throw a patch ASAP 

sonydisappointm
Visitor

May I add my name to that list of people who experience the repeated connect - disconnect.

I've tried multiple connection types (MSC, MTP, debugging mode)

Samsung users have also had a similar problem and as far as I could work out it was solved using by changing the power options - unfortunately Sony doesn't have the same options relating to the USB power consumption so I couldn't do it. It would seem we need to be able to stop the "selective suspend mode".

The problem seems to have occured after an update.

I would be most grateful if Sony could please sort this out.