Join now - be part of our community!

Headset not supported

kellyh1991
Visitor

Headset not supported

I keep getting a message flash up in my phone saying the headset is not supported change headset or go to sony support page but couldnt see anything. Anyone have any idea what it could be

86 REPLIES 86
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@ricowaldo

are you using a CTIA or OMTP standard headphones?

Redshot62
Visitor

I have the same problem after updating to lolipop 5.1. Its so annoying, and to answer uliwooly there are no headphones plugged in but the the message still pops up totally randomly, then quickly dissappears. Also the headphone jack works fine and I dont get the message when headphones are actually plugged in.
67Kiisseli
Visitor

Hello! I am now a few days received a phone screen quickly flit of the message: the headset is not supported ... Even though I did not have a headset connected to a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.The first notifications came when I used Whatsapp application, then today became the notices when I used the camera.
Tags (4)
Gone
Visitor

I've been getting this since the last software updateto z1 compact. Message flashes up randomly for a second, interrupting whatever I'm using, and I never use headphones. Have cleared cache, data, and updates multiple times while also restarting phone between. No joy.
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@kellyh1991@Gone@67Kiisseli@Redshot62

Have any of you sent the device into service?

alexdon
Gone
Visitor

I have not. Refused to due to the reaction by my service provider to my protest at forced update through the phones data connection.
67Kiisseli
Visitor

This bug occurred since the last update. Waiting for very much that we would get the Android 6.0 update. The phone is otherwise acted properly. I have never taken the device for service.
Scrappy1
Visitor

Hi. I've been getting random "headset not supported. Visit sony....." message even if there isn't any plugged headsets on my phone
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Scrappy1

Let's narrow down the issue.

Settings > apps > all > smartconnect > clear data > restart the phone

also check that there's nothing inside the 3.5mm jack 

Scrappy1
Visitor

Done all of that and its still happening.