Join now - be part of our community!

Can I swipe left or up to unlock?

SOLVED
RaphaelAN
Visitor

Can I swipe left or up to unlock?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if I'm be able to change swiping direction from leftwards to upwards for my XZ.

Also, when I unlock my phone, I press the lock button then keep my finger on it, the screen slides by itself, is it possible to turn off the function?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emir1
Hero

Hi @RaphaelAN,

I just had a look in an Xperia XZ running the latest available software version and I'm afraid that it currently does not support swiping upwards in order to unlock the screen lock. However, I will forward this as user feedback. You may try a different lock screen from the Google Play Store in order to try to find one which suits your needs and allows an upwards motion for unlocking.

Regarding your second question, leaving your finger on the power button when you have registered a fingerprint will automatically unlock the device if a registered finger is used. The screen lock will also unlock if you use the option to swipe to unlock when you leave your finger on the power button. There is currently no way to change this, but you could use a different lock screen method in order to circumvent this feature.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Emir1
Hero

Hi @RaphaelAN,

I just had a look in an Xperia XZ running the latest available software version and I'm afraid that it currently does not support swiping upwards in order to unlock the screen lock. However, I will forward this as user feedback. You may try a different lock screen from the Google Play Store in order to try to find one which suits your needs and allows an upwards motion for unlocking.

Regarding your second question, leaving your finger on the power button when you have registered a fingerprint will automatically unlock the device if a registered finger is used. The screen lock will also unlock if you use the option to swipe to unlock when you leave your finger on the power button. There is currently no way to change this, but you could use a different lock screen method in order to circumvent this feature.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

RaphaelAN
Visitor

thx Slightly_smiling_Face

Emir1
Hero

Hey man anytime! Let me know if there's anything else I can assist with. Slightly_smiling_Face