Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
biggsy
Explorer

Help and Advice Please on Dolby Atmos

Hey Guys

Some Questions I am hoping you knowlegable bunch can help me out on!

Currently I have a Sony STR DN1040, connected to UBP-X800B and my KD-55XE9005. So 4K is awsome, but I want to go a little further and look at Dolby Atmos. My Current Amp speaker setup is Front Left and right, Side Left and Right, Rear Left and Right, Center and active subwoofer (7.1 I think). It sounds great but everything I am reading so far sounds like if I head down the Atmos route then the side left and right are lost, looking at the instruction for the DNR1080, which is the amp I am thinking of buying, there is no mention of this type of setup. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Secondly, any thoughts on celing speakers, if I am really honest, I dont want to spend a fortune on ceiling speakers, though their are Atmos releases, it looks like its still in its infancy but coming on strong. Though a compentent DIY'er, this feels like a step beyond my hammering skills, so would get a sparky into do it, therefore my last question, is it worth it, really worth it? I dont know anyone who has this setup yet so I havent heard it for myself other then the cinema, I like the idea, but before I spend a £500 on the amp and then a days labour for a sparky, I am really keen to hear your thoughts!

TIA 

Mike

Who Me Too'd this topic