Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000x 1.0.7 firmware: VERY frequent drops on right earpiece

profile.country.GB.title
graaskov84

WF-1000x 1.0.7 firmware: VERY frequent drops on right earpiece

Hey all.

I've had my WF-1000x for some time now.

After updating to the 1.0.7 firmware (updated from 1.0.6) i am experiencing a HUGE amount of cut-off/sound skipping on the right earpiece. The connection to the left earpiece is rock solid.

I have tried ALL that i can think off, to remedy the problem:

Resetting product, disconnecting it, unpair, repair using app, swithching to SBC codes etc etc etc.... nothing works 😞

To provide some information on the problem:

• Sound skipping on 1.0.6: maybe a couple of times per day, with a total amount of listening around 6 hours.
  • Sound skipping on 1.0.7: at least once per song (so every four minutes).

This is absolutely ridiculous, and has made me go from being very satisfied with the product, to being ***** of at Sony for making such a bad firmware (that you can't even downgrade, for whatever reason!). It has made these headphones so unenjoyable to use...

If i were to guess, i think Sony reduced the latency/buffering on 1.0.7, which is resulting in the frequent drops.

If my memory serves me correctly, i think 1.0.6 had more latency/buffering. If Sony changed this, makes no sence at all. The latency is still way to much for wathing video in sync with the audio.

Am i the only one having this problem?

Perhaps my headphones are simply defective?

Daniel

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
davlorde

@graaskov84 wrote:

I guess iOS and Android uses diffent codecs/connection methods. Perhaps Android handles the bluetooth connection in a way that suits these earbuds better.
But i'm just guessing here...

They certanly suck on my iOS devises, thats for sure (after 1.0.7+ firmware updates).

Here I'm using an HTC U12+ (and previously an HTC U11), with Bluetooth set to AVRCP=1.4, codec=AAC, at 48 kHz, 16 bits. I think AAC is the same BT codec that Apple uses (although I'd prefer aptX HD!).

I had a lot of skipping/dropouts with the initial firmware, but the last two updates have fixed that.