Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WH1000XM2 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
NINJA-THEORY
Explorer

Sony WH1000XM2 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones

Hi all i recenlty purchased some Sony WH1000XM2 Wireless headphones they are awesome, but one thing i have noticed. when im playing  dance music, or drum n bass for example this track jamie xx oh my gosh just youtube it and 1080p or 720p playback please..

if i have the voulme maxed out, it sounds like the speaker has a kind of rip in it, i have to drop down voulme by 2 to get rid of the rip sounds... The rip sounds like a foil kind of rip first i thought it must be the headphones they need to be blend in and it will go away but any music with heavy bass the headphones can not preform at max voulme as the foil kind of sound comes back...

Can some one please try the track on youtube there WH1000XM2 clearbass max custome eq settings like minus 2 from full each side and midle few rows 3 from full kind of a face simle but not a big smile  ? My headphones are 20 days old today thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there, 

There's some information here about what to do if noise occurs on your headphones.

Hope this helps you get to the bottom of it.

Best wishes,

Ed 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
NINJA-THEORY
Explorer

Anyone have i got a faulty pair of headphones ? i cant keep the voulme maxed with dance music or dnb music sounds like they am ripped ?

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there, 

There's some information here about what to do if noise occurs on your headphones.

Hope this helps you get to the bottom of it.

Best wishes,

Ed 

profile.country.GB.title
NINJA-THEORY
Explorer

Thank you i have tried the same track i downloaded into my smartphone, i have tried with tablet the issue is still there, i cant max the volume out on bass type music it's dance and drum and bass music it sounds like something is not right right side only!

Also last night i was watching the new avengers infinity movie on my Sony Vaio Flip 15 inch, it's a CORE I7 16 RAM 256GIG Samsung PRO SSD.. i had set the laptop on performance mode, just to make sure there's enough power to be fed to bluetooth every 20 or 30 seconds it makes a disconnecting sound..

But it does not disconnect its so annoying the movie is unwatchable via bluetooth these headphones are not even a month old they am brand new this is a joke..

i know it's not my laptop as i have used other bluetooth headphones but these headphones from Sony MDR1000MX2 are unusable i will get a mic and record high def audio so you know what i mean sorry i didn't pay £300 for headphones that i cant even watch a movie via bluetooth and max out the voulme on music via my tablets and smartphone!

i did try wired they sounded perfect i had not maxed out the voulme as laptop is more powerfuller but the problem with wired any small movement the wire like echos the vibration into the headphones it not a nice sound. You have to be super still..

i bought these for bluetooth use not wired mode so im kind of stuck!