Join now - be part of our community!

DSX-S300BTX - Handsfree call problem, No Audio

SOLVED
profile.country.it_IT.title
vashkenazy
Visitor

DSX-S300BTX - Handsfree call problem, No Audio

Hi all, I've recently bought DSX - S300BTX car unit, and I need your suggestion. I'm having troubles with Handsfree Bluetooth Phone Call function . Actually, when I make or receive a call using my iPhone 4S (iOS6), I have no audio from car speakers, if I'm in "Bluetooth Audio", "Bluetooth Phone", or "USB mode". But everything is fine if in "Tuner" mode. The "handsfree on" message is correctly displayed.

I've tried the "call transfer" button, as suggested in a sony FAQ, but no luck. Can be a defective unit?

Thanks,

Andrea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vashkenazy
Visitor

Hello, I solved my (and your problem) by checking connections.

Actually my installator didn't hook the AMP REM cable, as described in setup manual, but only standard voltage coming from the socket. The problem was that only in Tuner Mode the +12 standard power is maintained while switching to "Phone". When in BT Audio/BT Phone / USB modes the Unit cuts off the standard power when switching audio to a connected phone (when receiving or making a call, for example), and needs AMP REM (wich still maintains +12 voltage) to power speakers, so it needs to be connected too.

One strange thing I noticed is that with older iPhone models, like the 3GS, everything works, even without connecting the AMP REM cable. But with newer phones (I tested iPhone 4/4S, and sony Xperia-V) you need the aux power...

Excuse my english and let me know if it solves your problem.

Bye!

Andrea

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
DSG4ME
Visitor

You have to be in BT mode for it to work out of the speakers.

profile.country.es_ES.title
evil_beast666
Visitor

I have the same problem when set the next sound sources:

* Bluetooth Audio Phone: no audio from car speakers.

* USB mode (ipod internal/external): no audio from car speakers.

* Tuner: It sounds correct :-S

I was checking the correct wires order, voltage, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jorge.

Message was edited by: evil_beast666

vashkenazy
Visitor

Hello, I solved my (and your problem) by checking connections.

Actually my installator didn't hook the AMP REM cable, as described in setup manual, but only standard voltage coming from the socket. The problem was that only in Tuner Mode the +12 standard power is maintained while switching to "Phone". When in BT Audio/BT Phone / USB modes the Unit cuts off the standard power when switching audio to a connected phone (when receiving or making a call, for example), and needs AMP REM (wich still maintains +12 voltage) to power speakers, so it needs to be connected too.

One strange thing I noticed is that with older iPhone models, like the 3GS, everything works, even without connecting the AMP REM cable. But with newer phones (I tested iPhone 4/4S, and sony Xperia-V) you need the aux power...

Excuse my english and let me know if it solves your problem.

Bye!

Andrea

evil_beast666
Visitor

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your reply! But now I have a question: If I don't have any power amplifier, Where do I hook the AMP REM cable? I just have the four normal speakers conneted :-S

I understand the problem, but I don't know what to do with the AMP REM wire.

Excuse my inability.

Thanks again, Jorge.

evil_beast666
Visitor

I found the correct solution in this forum...it works for me! :slight_smile:

Eureka!!!!! The problem is solved and fixed. This fix will work for any Sony MEX BT head unit / stereo (MEX BT2500, BT2600, BT3700, BT3700, BT5700) with a "no sound" through speakers during a call on bluetooth problem, or, no sound on any source except tuner issue, or, can only hear calls when on tuner, or, can only hear streaming when AF/TA is on.

1. Find the blue and white striped wire (which is probably hanging loose in your connectors from the ISO block in the back of your head unit and likely has a female, round spade cap on it) which is the "AMP REM" wire

2. Cut off the spade cap, expose about 5mm of wire and twist it

3. Now run it back into the other blue wire coming from the same ISO block in the back of your head unit - the "Power Antenna" wire. You are temporarily shorting/connecting both wires to test your fix

4. If you now try to make a call by bluetooth whilst streaming music, or, on any other source on the head unit - IT WILL WORK

5. Now permanently splice the two blue wires together and put insulating tape over the join

NOTE: The blue wire I am talking about is NOT the light blue ATT wire which is probably also hanging loose.

The reason for the problem in the first place was that your head unit was only correctly activating the amp on tuner through the power antenna lead - now any function/interrupt powers the amp as you have connected the remote amp to the antenna wire.

profile.country.GB.title
Regreggie
Explorer

I have a XNV unit which has the same problem I spoke to you some years ago but could not resolve this sounds like exactly the same problem please advise 

profile.country.GB.title
Regreggie
Explorer

Hi I had same problem with my XNV-L66BT would the same fix work for me ? 

profile.country.GB.title
Regreggie
Explorer

Hi used the same fix with my XNV-L66BT and it worked the phone now works on all applications great result after 3 years only using the tuner . Without this site I would not have had a fix