Join now - be part of our community!

Windows XP

CuteeJazz
Visitor

Windows XP

Hi ! :cool:

Is it possible to have XP Home in CD Rom in order to have no problem with the upgrading

(SP1)

I recently upgrade my OS with SP1 and I have recently a lot of problems:

-My chipset sound doesn't work

-the short cuts of my keyboard doesn't works (I don't know how to make it right :cry:

-.... (too long) :laughing:

If you have an answer please tell me :smileyrolling_eyes:

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hey Cutee Jazz

You can buy XP Home edition from most good stores, otherwise you'd have to make do with your recovery CDs.

As for your sound, well go to windows update, a driver should be there.

Make sure you get the shared libraries from vaio-link.

CuteeJazz
Visitor

Thank you for your prompt reply. :cool:

As you know the OS of the Vaio in an OEM version. And the problem is if I replace the hard disk by a new one (blank) Will it works with the recovery CD.

For the problem with the chipset audio I found the solution in this following adress:

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/lsi/us/support/downloads.html

NB: As you told me I 've try to update the chipset audio unfortunately.That's why I find the option on the yamaha site.

Don't pay attention to mistakes :wink:

kee-lo_

As you know the OS of the Vaio in an OEM version. And the problem is if I replace the hard disk by a new one (blank) Will it works with the recovery CD.

Well, we had this discussion once, and many people said that it can be done, I personally think it can be done, but some people around here would say it can't - maybe they'd like to elaborate on this for you.

For the problem with the chipset audio I found the solution in this following adress:

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/lsi/us/support/downloads.html

Thanks for the driver links, maybe they should be added to this "useful links database" Club VAIO are making.

PS: I take it you have heard of DJ Cutee B? (DJ for Alliance Ethnik?)

CuteeJazz
Visitor

Thanks for the driver links, maybe they should be added to this "useful links database" Club VAIO are making. 

You are welcome :wink:

PS: I take it you have heard of DJ Cutee B? (DJ for Alliance Ethnik?)

Yes with the song "Respect" :slight_smile:

kee-lo_

Yes, and Simple Et Funky.... :slight_smile:
They're one of my favourites :smileygrin:

CuteeJazz
Visitor

I like this song to :smileygrin:

What kind of music do you listen ? :cool: