Join now - be part of our community!

Where have all the options gone...? nVidia control panel

pingus
Visitor

Where have all the options gone...? nVidia control panel

Hi,

I'm just wondering about the very minimalistic amount of options presented to the user in the display settings. Using the same driver with a TNT card in my old machine, I have several options around 3D etc.

What do you think about this?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Normally these options are available on the settings tab - advanced. What driver and card do you have?

Regards, Rob

pingus
Visitor

Sony decided to use a GeForce4 Ti 4600 based Card.

SiSoftware Sandra told me:

Video Adapter
Model : NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600 (Sony)
Total Memory : 127MB (127MB Video) (62MB AGP)
Texture Memory : 189MB
Supports DIME Texturing : Yes
VGA Compatible : No

Current Video Mode
Video Mode : 1024x768 16M+ TrueColour (32-bit)
Refresh Rate : 70Hz
Virtual Desktop Size : 1024x768

Video Driver
Model ID : nv4_mini.sys
Version : 6.13.10.4232
Supported Windows Version : 4.00
Video Acceleration : Yes, All Functions

The driver is an updated Sony OEM driver, but I also tried to use the original nVidia Denotator driver, same results.

I can only see the nView and the Overlay entries in the left hand side menu.

Is this card some kind of crippled hardware? :thinking:

robpaxton
Explorer

I would try removing the drivers using add remove programs then run a cleaner like nasty file remover at http://www.etplanet.com/download/ati_nvidia.shtm

I would then reinstall the detonator drivers. There are other utilities on the above site that may assist you.

Make sure that you set a restore point and make any necessary backups before doing the above.

Regards, Rob

poldip
Visitor

"crippled hardware" is exactly the correct expression!!!
sony did not use "real" geforce ti -technology but built in a graficboard that is worth about 50 EUR (the man on the vaio told me laughing).
and therefore there aren't such important and unique features as nvidias nview-technology (dual monitor mode).

Greetings,
poldip

p.s. please read "RXM21 Verarschung des Jahres" for the full story

stepfootb
Visitor

If you update to the new drivers on that are found at www.vaio-link.com you should be able to access the advanced functions with the nview control panel. Steve-O

pingus
Visitor

I've already installed this updated driver :slight_smile: ... that's it. Therefore I think I've expected to much there :slight_smile:

OK. However, it works as it should ... until now :wink:

Have a nice day

kee-lo_

Good :slight_smile:

Maybe you should download the nVidia driver remover, I saw it in PC Utilities. A google search should find it.