Join now - be part of our community!

Synchronizing CLIE PEG-N770C/E with WinXP

sherefedin
Visitor

Synchronizing CLIE PEG-N770C/E with WinXP

Hi,

Could anybody help me find a solution for the problem a have while synchronizing between Clie handheald (topic) and my Vaio desktop who's running under WinXP hope edition. I have tried on many websites to find some apporpiate and suitable synchrinizing software but no succes.

hanks a lot for any sugestions,

regards
Sherefedin

7 REPLIES 7
Cliéguru
Visitor

What's exactly the issue ?

Can you explain the error message ?

At which step of the installation process does it happend ?

sherefedin
Visitor

In the past 2 years I used my CLIE PEG-N770C/E without any problems and could synchronise my contacts and other files with my desktop pc under W2K Prof. Since I purchased a new desktop running under Windows XP home edition I can't synchronise my files. There is a problem with the COM port which is always " in use by another application". Since I'm not to familiar wth this kind of troubles I would like to ask you to find a solution for this. Which synchronizing software do you think I have to use because it seams that my HotSync delivered with my CLIE is too old and not compatible with WinXP...

Thankz a lot.

Cliéguru
Visitor

The version of Palm Desktop provided is 4.0.1.

This version is compatible with XP. Only the S300 is not directly compatible.

- Please try to uninstall and reinstall the Palm Desktop software (you will not loose your data)
- Plug the USB connector to another USB port. Be sure you don't use USB hub.
- Remove all other USB devices.
- Perform a soft reset of the Clié
- Try a hotsync.
- If successful, plug one by one the other USB devices, and perform a hotsync before each. To be sure there is no conflict.

Keep us posted. :wink:

sherefedin
Visitor

I just unistalled the cliedesktop as you suggested and while truying to reinstall it I got a warning: "Install failed" and "Warning: -512".

Cliéguru
Visitor

Click on OK several times until you get rid of this message. The install process will continue afterwards.

sherefedin
Visitor

YES!
It works. Thanks a lot!

Cliéguru
Visitor

Good news ! :cool:

Enjoy your Clié ! :wink: