Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio PCV-RX403N - Net MD.

RobertStalker
Visitor

Sony Vaio PCV-RX403N - Net MD.

Can anyone help me please? I wish to use the NDLP MiniDisc - unfortunately I have no knowledge on how to activate this drive installed in my Vaio PCV-RX403N computer.
Inserting a MiniDisc shows nothing on the screen and I have nothing to guide me as to correct procedure . Any help will be most appreciated. :smileyblush:

5 REPLIES 5
chuckalicious
Visitor

When you go into device manager (right click on my computer, properties, hardware, device manager) do you see anything in any of the sections relating to a Net MD Drive? If not, then the PC is not picking it up as hardware. You could always try doind a search for new hardware.
PS. I wish I had a NEt MD drive, I just have the Net MD player, but a drive in my PC would be nice :slight_smile:

RobertStalker
Visitor

I checked Device Manager - reference under Universal Serial Bus Controller as Sony NetMD. Using the Add Hardware Wizard - displayed This Device is Working Properly.
Inserting a blank MiniDisc in the NetMD drive, registers nothing on computer screen or is any screen available showing an icon. Reinstal of NetMD software with the Wizard, displays that software is the most curren t available . :slight_frown:

chuckalicious
Visitor

Ahaha! As some would say :slight_smile:
Right, in this case it may work EXACTLY as the standalone NetMD Players from Sony do.
I assume you have SonicStage on your machine. Go into SonicStage and then click on the devices bit at the top. THis should take you to the drive. Put a disc in and see what happens. It should update and give you disc contents. If not, I'm a bit stuck as I don;t have an internal drive and no-one else seems to either (although I wish I did!)

RobertStalker
Visitor

You are correct in suggesting to utilise SonicStage. This answers my problem, your help most appreciated. I expected an icon in Desktop for NetMD. I completely forget all about SonicStage software installed under Programs. :smileygrin:

chuckalicious
Visitor

Yeah, despite what I have said in earlier posts, Sonic Stage isn't great, but it's not that bad either, just be careful about what you delete, add and how you do it, sometimes it gets confused.
Other than that the whole Net MD thing is pretty good, it's very fast (if you use normal mode of LP4, not Stereo, and assuming your player can play normal and LP4 that is) then I couldn't recommend anything better