Join now - be part of our community!

nvidia video drivers

NMatthew
Visitor

nvidia video drivers

I notice that Windows Update has a new version of NVIDIA video drivers (4.0.7.2).
Anyone here tried them on Sony desktops? I have a RXG408 and like to keep up to date, but the Sony Link site also has video driver updates for an earlier version. Which ones to use?

Neil

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

I would go to the NVidia website and download the drivers from there.

Regards, Rob

William
Visitor

I have always used the Nvidia drivers from their website for my desktop graphics card (Graphics Blaster TNT2 - Don't laugh I know its old but it was the badger's nadgers when I bought it). They have always worked well.

However, this is a computer I built myself it is NOT a Sony desktop :laughing:

William

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

The drivers from Nvidia will be fine for the desktop computer - it's just Notebooks that cause all sorts of problems,

Regards, Rob

EzDoezIt
Visitor

The last time I used the nVidia drivers from the Microsoft site my GigaPocket stopped working so I had to roll the driver back. I'll wait for Sony to release the update on their site before I try it again.

VAIOneer
Visitor

Generally I find that the newer Nvidia drivers are'nt reliable for the first few weeks of release, but then seem to be more reliable :!:

May be worth going for Sony checked ones, or just a month or so before getting the Nvidia ref drivers