Join now - be part of our community!

DVD-NO W or RW

Jazz
Visitor

DVD-NO W or RW

If I had a fairy godmother I would wish the I never bought a Sony 406 desk top!
Its all the" Would you like this" and annoying messages saying you are now connected...
I KNOW I'M CONNECTED I connected it !!!
After a system restore (sony slow down) the DVD-RW cannot W or RW
You can play DVDs Look at the nice files on them, but write to the DVD not a chance.
The DVD-RW factory installed, [which by the way is a Pioneer in Sony clothing], WILL WRITE using a third party program like Roxio. I think I speak for all 'WEJUST WANT TO DRAG AND DROP FILES ETC'
COULD SOMBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!

PS Both of my other computers cost a quarter of the price and are more reliable and faster.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

To drag & drop files to a DVD RW you will need to find & install DVD packet writing software.

To turn off balloon tips (Standard on XP - not Sonys fault) see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307729

My Sony works really well.

kee-lo_

Mine has been pretty good - overall.
I'd go and say it was better than the last desktop.
But I think a desktop is back on my agenda.

stevep-4
Visitor

Make sure you go for at least a 17 inch TFT screen. With my 17inch screen I can comfortable work on 2 documetns at the same time.

Apart from the total system failure and 8 weeks at sony, my RX405 has performed ok.

chuckalicious
Visitor

Actually, I would imagine I speak for more people when I say I don't want to just drag and drop. I like 3rd party burning software. The issue of not being able to drag and drop is nothing to do with Sony, it's Windows. There should be an option under the properties of the drive, which needs checked.
I have a 405 and it's a fantastic machine, and I know a good machine as I work in IT.

kee-lo_

I like Nero - Burning ROM - period :slight_smile: