Join now - be part of our community!

TV getting too many digital channels

profile.country.en_GB.title
shaggydog2
Visitor

TV getting too many digital channels

Hi all, newly on here. I am trying to tune a Sony TV (model KDL 20S2020) for a friend of mine. I have run an autotune, which picks up good signals from 4 transmitters, giving me several hundred channels. This would be fine if the channels broadcast from our local transmitter (Mendip) came up first in the expected slots, but unfortunately we get the channels from a Welsh transmitter coming up first, which means we get BBC Wales, S4C and local programming which is not local! 

No problem I thought, I'll do a factory reset and then a manual tune on the channels that are used in our area. First problem - there is no factory reset option, at least one that is obvious from looking at the TV or the manual.

Ok, I thought, I'll delete these several hundred channels by hand - which I did. It took a long, long time, but I'm a patient sort and it would be worth it for the final result.

Ok, on to a manual tune - I do it, and find that I then have to save each individual channel that is found in each broadcast  frequency individually. There is no "Save all" option. As I said earlier, I'm a patient man, but this was too much, I did another autotune and explained that I'd try and find an answer online. (Although the friend that I am doing this for is 92, she knows all about "online").

No obvious place to talk to Sony, so I have come here. Am I being blind to what should be a simple solution to getting our local TV stations set up where a 92 year is used to finding them, or have Sony taken away all chances of deciding you don't want everything that autotune discovers.

Help, please!

Simon

0 REPLIES 0