Join now - be part of our community!

TV FREEZES

SOLVED
profile.country.el_GR.title
stelioshadj
Visitor

TV FREEZES

I own a KDL-32W4000 tv, which frequently (2-3 times a day) freezes when swiching channels in digital tv mode mpeg4.

Freezes may come up when i switch on the tv or when switching between channels after a period of normal

functioning from the time switching the tv on. Freezes may occur with any tv channel and one of two things may happen: on switching to a different channel from the one viewing normally, tv freezes for a few seconds and then jumps back to the previous normally working channel. After switching the tv off from the main switch for some time or on restarting tv, function may be restored to normal or tv keeps freezing when trying to switch to that particular channel (can be different channel each time). The second thing that might happen is for the tv to completely freeze being unresponsive on pressing any button on the remote or one of the tv buttons (even the main switch off button). The only thing to do is to pull off the plug and switch the tv back on a few times until it starts working again. The other thing I noticed is that if I manage to switch the tv to analog tv function it becomes responsive as normal and I have to restart the tv so that normal digital function may (or not) be restored. I have tried to search for a software update but could not find any and my sony center does not have the original software or an update to reinstall. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello Stelioshadj,

The TV antenna should be re-aligned correctly to avoid picture freeze or pixelation

You can check on the screen value of signal quality  for a specific digital channel which should be higher than 50% to have a stable view

Kindly be note that if you have aerial booster in the line it should be set to the proper gain (if feature avaiable) to avoid also over signal quality ( i mean 100% signal quality can cause the same problem too because it confuse the AGG circuit inside TV).

Thanks

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
tosonilos
Visitor

I am having more or less the same problem. When switching to the digital mp4 channels, my tv hardly responds and in the end i get the red light blinks (8) from the self diagnostics. However, it does not seem a hardware problem since the tv might work soundly for weeks and then suddenly it just does n't.

The only solution I have found so far, (from SONY-US) is to unplug for a few seconds and then restore all settings to default.

the funny thing is that the problem occured at the same time for both my sony tvs (KDL-32W4000 and KDL-40W4000) while a third samsung I have (much cheaper and hypothetically not a high standrard tv), works perfectly!

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello Stelioshadj,

The TV antenna should be re-aligned correctly to avoid picture freeze or pixelation

You can check on the screen value of signal quality  for a specific digital channel which should be higher than 50% to have a stable view

Kindly be note that if you have aerial booster in the line it should be set to the proper gain (if feature avaiable) to avoid also over signal quality ( i mean 100% signal quality can cause the same problem too because it confuse the AGG circuit inside TV).

Thanks

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi Tosonilos,

You have a different problem topic which may be posted in a new thread over the forum.

I would like to assure you that you have to contact authorized Sony service center early,  because the LED red flash 8 times is a hardware problem which will cause sever costly damage in you keep ignore it.

Regarding the samsung tv and KDL units, did you try to connect the samsung at the same aerial split cable of KDL ?

Signal distribution over the home connections are not the same. Usually the the first aerial cable split (first outlet) will have higher gain quality than the far one (2nd, 3rd splice) .

Kind regards,

Bravia55HX

KDL-CX520,

Not correct on the 100% signal quality!, mine is at 100% for both quality and strength and its perfect, a lot of these earlier sets with these model numbers are slow to change channels and respond which gives the impression of freezing, as said in another post the loan set i have (BX400) does the same thing.

with regards to the splitter, i have one in the loft its a standard 3 way splitter found on virgin tv installations and this works perfectly with no loss of quality on either two tv's currently on it.

Koztaz
Visitor

Stelio, vrhkes lush sto provlhma? Exw akrivws to idio provlhma sto idio modelo.

Euxaristw,

Kostas

Koztaz
Visitor

Same issue appears on my tv as well. Same model, can you please advise how it can be resolved, channel signal is good.

alyers
Visitor

as said in another post the loan set i have (BX400) does the same thing.http://www.bosin.info/g.gif

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Ok Guys,

let as make so.

1. plug out everything from TV, coaxial cable of provider or antena RF cable and from the power for bit longer than half hour. Say 35 minutes.

After this time, please plug in first antena or cable from provider to TV and than to power socket.

See how it is and make auto search if needed.

2. If is issue still there, contact authorised Sony service, thay have latest update which can be intalled by flash memory. It is about MUX A incorrectly allocated service ect.

3. Digital chanals carry much more information in themself as analog like expl. EPG and some else, so it is normal that swiching of digital chanals will take bit more time than analog one. Swiching my take two second or simular but it should not freez.

Tell as feed back after that and please, share with as which cable provider You use or is it antena, so we will know nature of signal too.

Regards

Damac :slight_smile: