Join now - be part of our community!

Strong cross talk on a 32EX720

profile.country.ro_RO.title
tasztalos
Visitor

Strong cross talk on a 32EX720

Hi,

unfortunatelly, was not checking reviews on this forum before purchasing an 32EX720, claimed as 3D, TV set. Have acquired it together with a TDG-BR250/W pair of glasses. The TV itself is nice, HD is OK, Internet and other functionalities are somehow bonuses, BUT 3D is NOT OK. When connecting any video source in 3D side-by-side format (sat receiver on HDMI, web TV - Internet streaming, recorded on HDD @ USB) the result is the same: noticeable, annoying strong crosstalk, which is stronger on the upper part of the screen !! I was expecting much more from Sony !  This performance is UNACCETABLE, this TV set cannot be called as a real 3D, as implementation of the 3D rendering functionality is clearly compromized ! A brand like Sony is not allowed to put on the market a product with a feature like this 3D, which will make people to loose confidence.

Nevertheless, I'am aware that this this is a feature implementation issue, possible the same behaviour in all the EX720s or even more ... but still would like to know if there is any configuration/fine tuning which can be applied in order to get into an acceptable range the Bravia 3D performance. So far I was trying many suggestions I found on some forums: changing HDMI cable, reducing brightness, contrast, stopping MotionFlow, trying the parallax control ... BTW: parallax control is the only one with a noticeable impact but not solving the issue, is reducing x-talk in an area but creating stronger ones in some other areas. I would say that the step size offered in the 3D control menu is too large, we would need a much finer scale for this control ! Is there any hidden config option this parallax control step size can be set ?  

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
OliOliver
Visitor

Hi

Like you I also purchased the similar KDL32EX723 without reviewing it's 3D merits. It is awful in 3D to the extent that it makes it unwatchable.

I really made the purchase on Sony's brand image having never previously had an issues with any Sony products in the past, obviously at present it seems that Sony are taking on a whole new direction, I would NEVER have believed Sony could have released an item with so many issues attached to it's functionality.

I cannot beleive it, I am looking at purchasing a Sony DSLR though on the performance of this set, i am certainly thinking twice, in fact I think I have made my mind up, I'm going for a Cannon, and will certainly think twice about buying anything Sony again, come to think of it, i was looking at the Xperia S as well, looks like Blackberrys gain then!

profile.country.fr_FR.title
3D_marche_pas
Visitor

I did the same thing. This POS tv is a disgrace! Sonys customer care and technical supporting are a disgrace as well. Take it back, it does not fulfill its functions! Has been sold under false advertising and does not conform with its specifications.

NEVER again will buy anything from sony

Tell me, does your tv correspond with this ??

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tv-117-46-lcd/kdl-46ex723#/Overview

Ce message a été modifié par: 3D_marche_pas