Join now - be part of our community!

Standby and Power Button Differences - 55HX923

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
stumpybloke
New

Standby and Power Button Differences - 55HX923

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has the definitive answer to the differences between the following:

1) Turn off the TV with the remote - Green LED goes off, red LED comes on

2) Turn off the TV with the little button on the TV itself (not the rocker) - Green LED goes off, NO red LED

Obviously turning off the TV with the rocker switch is the absolute way to turn it off.

I just cannot see the difference between the two options besides the lack of red LED on choice 2...I cant turn on the TV with the remote and my HDMI devices will also turn the TV back on on both choices.

Oh, if the TV is in Standby (via the remote) with the red LED on, and I press the little power button on the TV (not the rocker) the red LED goes off.

A number of us on here are as confused as each other, anyone from Sony care to comment please?

TIA, Rich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stumpybloke
New

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Just checked. Seemingly its similar to sleep and hibernate on the PC - one is a deeper version of the other.

So with the red light on in standby, the TV can still receive updates. If you have switched it off using the soft button on the side, then it cannot as all power is cut to the TV. In terms of power consumption, this is very similar to hard off using the rocker, obviously a little higher but a negligable amount. Obviously in standby its a little higher still, but still very low.

Hope this helps

Thanks

stumpybloke
New

Thanks! :slight_smile: